Windows 10: Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks for confirming it can be done Shawn As did that as soon as I installed windows 10 and liked Edge better. Had mine for 5 weeks and no crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Thanks for confirming it can be done Shawn

As did that as soon as I installed windows 10 and liked Edge better.
    Had mine for 5 weeks and no crashes or freezes which I was getting with windows 8.1 and IE11

:)

hTconeM9user, Oct 19, 2015

2. How do I uninstall Internet explorer 11 and install IE10?

I just installed Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 installed. How do I uninstall and revert to Internet Explorer 10?

[Original title: Internet explorer]

Jim Angerer, Oct 19, 2015
  3. How to reinstall Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10?How to reinstall Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10?

Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On or Off, then tick ( install ) or untick ( uninstall ) "Internet Explorer", click [OK] and Restart when prompted.

For more details see - Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

George222(2), Oct 19, 2015
  4. dkwalton Win User

Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Sorry folks, but this is a crock. I hate to see deliberate misinformation from Microsoft disseminated.

Before even reading this post I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10, restarted, checked to make sure that the Internet Explorer 11 box was unchecked, and then hit the Internet Explorer 11 shortcut on the task bar. Voila! Internet Explorer 11 launched.

I then went back to see if the status status of the check box had changed and it was still unchecked.

This was done on a clean, good install of Windows 10. Try it for yourself.

dkwalton, Apr 19, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    Before you go accusing people of misinformation, please read the Info box which clearly says you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer. However, you can turn it on or off. There is a big difference in the two.

essenbe, Apr 19, 2016
  6. dkwalton Win User
    Pardon me, sir, but I was not accusing anyone here of disinformation, I was accusing Microsoft of disseminating misinformation which unfortunately happened to be repeated here.

You are quibbling. OK fine not "uninstall", "turn off", but it does not turn off. I encourage you to try it for yourself. Internet Explorer 11 will still launch and operate as always regardless of whether the box is checked or not.

dkwalton, Apr 19, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    I did. That's why I am typing this from Edge. It works just like the tutorial says it does. I can't even find Internet Explorer with a search for it.

essenbe, Apr 19, 2016
  8. dkwalton Win User

Internet Explorer 11 is Edge.

dkwalton, Apr 19, 2016
  9. dkwalton Win User
    My bad, I was misinformed. I was led to believe that Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 was called Edge.

dkwalton, Apr 19, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    They are completely different in quite a few ways. But, no problem.

essenbe, Apr 19, 2016
  11. Adela Win User
    Please forgive my intrusion, essenbe, but where can I go to find the IE I had many years ago? It doesn't show in my Programs & Features. I have Firefox with which I'm ok, but because I'm having problems with transferring photos, I was suggested to install IE, but if it's somewhere in my computer maybe I can find it instead of struggling to try to install it?
    Again I'm sorry to intrude in this thread and thanks so much for your help. *Smile

Adela, Jul 25, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  13. Adela Win User

Thank you so much Brink!!! I found it and pinned it in my taskbar, so I'll have both browsers. What I didn't find was the column at the left in the Start page. When I got Win10 I started moving/deleting around the content and I lost most of it. Have been searching very frantically to find out if there was a way to restitute that Start page as when it came with, but never got any answer. If by chance you know how, ill appreciate it a lot to let me know? No rush, I lived with this since I got Win10 so I can wait more..... lol! Again thanks so much!

Adela, Jul 25, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
  15. Adela Win User
    Oh thanks so much for the Edge Startup page for W10! I’ll go and try to see if I can reinstate that page on my computer, after I fix the IE matter.

Yes, the IE I pinned in my taskbar won't open when I click on it. It works when I go to your site, but when I close your site and I want to open the IE to do other things, it won’t open. When I right-click it says: "IE add-on installer" and "Unpin from taskbar". Any ideas?

Is it because I didn't make it the default browser? I wasn’t sure if I should since I intend to use both browsers, but just the same I wanted to do it but didn't find the place for it. Any other ideas why this IE won’t open now? Thank you again.

Adela, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Uninstall Internet

2. My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer: So I'm a developer and I'm working with a clients site and I have a little problem, the site is looking good on windows 10 all browsers but on windows 7, especially Internet Explorer it looks broken. I know that it's not a Windows problem but could it be? Because it's a...
  3. internet explorer

in Cortana
    internet explorer: How can I remove bing from internet explorer? The remove option is not active in control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/cc0e8f1e-bd80-407e-8a22-215fa4307658"
  4. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  5. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: I dual boot win 10 pro and win 10 premium on a ssd drive. When I open ie 11 on win 10 premium it opens right away as it should. When I open ie 11 on win 10 pro it takes 14 seconds at least. I can't figure out why. Did a reinstall of both today but no improvement. Very...
  6. Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)"

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)": On my Win10 x64 home computer, I find that a I can't always start Internet Explorer (ver 11). I'll click on the icon, the "working" symbol spins for a second and nothing happens. Then I open Task Manager, and I find about 10 or 12 instances of Internet Explorer and IE (32)...
  7. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: Someone please help me, my sister passed away recently and I want to open some saved java script files I have of her. My internet explorer loads but produces page not responding on every page I try to open, so I cannot download java the download box appears but the open/save...
  8. Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...: Hi, My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This morning I reset IE but that has not helped. I've been using Edge but according to the Event Viewer it 'stops working' dozens of...
  9. internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?: hi just installed windows 10 onto my acer p3 tablet/lap top . with it comes microsoft edge (which i'm not overly impressed with) , internet explorer which i still need/use for some applications mainly sky go for tv programs etc seems to have disappeared with even the icon...
  10. Internet Explorer 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 10: Hi, a friend of mine has some CD's that can only be viewed with Internet Explorer 10 (I presume higher as well). Is there a way he can install IE10 on Windows 10 to view them? Thanks! 39230