Windows 10: Install SETUP file after download

Discus and support Install SETUP file after download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend has downloaded Win 10 to a Win 7 PC. Now he wants to install. A directory (folder) contains the files, with SETUP.exe to kick off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by borgus, May 29, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Install SETUP file after download

A friend has downloaded Win 10 to a Win 7 PC. Now he wants to install.

A directory (folder) contains the files, with SETUP.exe to kick off the process, but I don't recall where it is located. Been too long, so please jog my memory. Was it GWX?

Or perhaps my friend can be prompted to install by simply opening Windows Update? Tnx

:)

borgus, May 29, 2016
  2. 29MMA Win User

How to run the Windows 10 update again?

I've downloaded Windows 10 using the "Get Windows 10" app.

After the completing the download, I run the setup automatically. After 93% of the setup, the computer restarted and "Restoring your previous version of Windows..." appeared. I now know that the Error was Error 8007002C-4000D.

I would like to run the setup again but Windows Update is downloading the setup files all over again.

Is there a way to access or use the previous installation files of Windows 10?

29MMA, May 29, 2016
  3. Installing Windows 10 without Windows Setup Temporary Files

Hi Karthicka,

Just to confirm, are you saying that I can't simply upgrade to Windows 10 if I have deleted by "Windows Setup temporary files"? I already have the upgrade downloaded onto my computer, I just have to install it. Are you saying that I must install from an
    ISO file instead?

Thanks for your help.

ETA: To clarify, I deleted my temporary setup files, reserved my copy of Windows 10, downloaded it, and have not yet installed it. I did not delete the temporary setup files after downloading Windows 10.

threehundredtwo, May 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

.................A friend has downloaded Win 10 to a Win 7 PC....................

I assume you meant your friend has downloaded the Windows iso file.
    Does he not know where the iso file is saved at ?
    If yes, go to the folder where iso file is saved at > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will start the installation.

davidhk, May 29, 2016
  5. borgus Win User
    Thanks, I'll pass that along and we'll see how he does. Best, bs

borgus, May 29, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, May 29, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    If it was downloaded via windows update - it is in a hidden folder on the C drive..
    "C:\$Windows.~WS"

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install SETUP file after download - Similar Threads - Install SETUP file

2. Is it possible to download Visual Studio setup files in one computer and install it in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to download Visual Studio setup files in one computer and install it in...: I want to install VS in a computer with no Internet or very slow metered connection. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iia05i/is_it_possible_to_download_visual_studio_setup/
  3. Installation file not working after download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation file not working after download: Hi, I recently purchased Doodly video making software from a Facebook advertisement by the company featuring a special discount. However, since download, the setup file is not working with 'run as administrator' option too and throwing the following error codes: Error...
  4. Windows 10 setup after install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 setup after install: hello, so i have just installed windows 10 and it was a clean install so i have no previous settings but when i try to connect to the internet through my ethernet cord it say unidentified network i have troubleshot it and it say i have i dont have a valid ip configuration. it...
  5. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?: nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of file did not mention windows 10? But it is installing now anyway. 125029
  6. DATA REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES OF WINDOWS 10 SETUP

DATA REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES OF WINDOWS 10 SETUP: HOW MUCH DATA(internet) IT TAKES TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES FOR WINDOWS 10 SETUP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-required-to-download-the-files-of-windows-10/051926f8-1515-47be-a01d-bd0e059e950d
  7. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

in Windows 10 Support
    curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?: nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of file did not mention windows 10? But it is installing now anyway. 125029
  8. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  9. Files all downloaded but last part of setup failed

Files all downloaded but last part of setup failed: Hi. I was invited to download/install Windows 10 and I followed all the steps to download the files. Then I clicked to install it and it seemed to be doing it. Windows closed down and the computer restarted, but when it opened again it was still Windows 7 and there was a box...
  10. Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO

Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO: I had the Windows 10 install files in $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS totalling >5GB. A few days ago I decided to also download the Windows 10 ISO. I've now found that the 5GB+ installation files have been deleted. I'd like to have both options regarding the upgrade and...