Windows 10: Install Stuck on Windows Logo

Discus and support Install Stuck on Windows Logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried many times now for the past two days to install windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7. I have tried the windows update tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by on4now4, Aug 23, 2015.

1. on4now4 Win User

Install Stuck on Windows Logo

Hello,

I have tried many times now for the past two days to install windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7. I have tried the windows update tool that is supposed to do everything automatically for you and as soon as it reboots it just sits on the windows logo with not movement or anything else just a black screen with a windows logo.

So I tried to make a bootable USB and do it that way and it also does the same exact thing just sits at the windows logo.

So does anyone have any idea? I have searched the web a bit and have found no resolution.

The comupter is a Lenovo W520. and it is a clean format with a fresh windows 7 install

:)

on4now4, Aug 23, 2015
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 stuck on install, blue logo, on a formatted drive

Hello Gabe,

One possible reason for this error is due to an outdated BIOS. Since you have already tried performing a clean installation of Windows 10 several times, we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer. The missing settings on BIOS is crucial
    in getting this issue resolved and it would be best to seek further assistance with your hardware manufacturer.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

John Vil, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Gabebond Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on install, blue logo, on a formatted drive

so ive seen many with this problem and tried quite a few solutions.

so the problem started with a ntdlr missing error that made my pc no longer boot.

tried using windows disk, same way i did when i reinstalled windows a few months ago on my ssd drive.

no luck w the usual methods.

i have 3 windows 10 install disks i made using the media creation tool. 1 usb and 2 dvds. re downloaded the isos 2x.

none worked. mind you i have installed windows 10 from a formatted disk a few times already in the last year or so.

a few posts said to check your bios settings, none of the settings existed in my bios.

some system info

i5 processor

gigabyte motherboard z87x-ud3h mobo

heres an odd thing, i can boot w an umbuntu disk just fine, and when i put a windows 7 disk in that launches just fine also.

but i dont want to run umbuntu or windows 7.

[Original title: windows ten stuck on install, blue logo, on a formatted drive]

Gabebond, Aug 23, 2015
  4. tuckyb Win User

tuckyb, Aug 24, 2015
  5. on4now4 Win User
    That is very interesting considering it was prompting me and saying that it was ready to update. But that about solves it I guess just keep waiting.

on4now4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Stuck on Windows Logo - Similar Threads - Install Stuck Logo

2. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo: Hello, I had been receiving the BSOD on my MSI laptop with the CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR. After that my laptop never starts without USB boot flash. So I basically need to repair the windows with USB boot flash.I’ve found that this problem often relates to the problem with...
  3. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo: Hello, I had been receiving the BSOD on my MSI laptop with the CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR. After that my laptop never starts without USB boot flash. So I basically need to repair the windows with USB boot flash.I’ve found that this problem often relates to the problem with...
  4. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo: I finished building a brand new computer with the following specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X GPU: GIGABYTE GAMING OC 3070 TiMB: MSI B550 TomahawkRAM: 32GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO CL16SSD: Samsung 980 M2 NVMEI am trying to install windows 10 on my Samsung 980 using the Windows media...
  6. New Windows installation stuck on logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows installation stuck on logo: As said in title I built a new pc and when trying to install Windows 10 it gets stuck on a black screen with the Windows logo in the middle and no spinning dots. Not sure what else to do? PC Specs: Ryzen 5 5600x Crucial P5 MSI B550 Tomahawk EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Corsair...
  7. Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo

Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo: Before we start some context, my computer was manufactured in 2008, I don't have UEFI or secure boot on my system. Also my system originally shipped with Vista, I changed the hard drive some years ago and I reinstalled Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7, then to Windows 8,...
  8. Windows 10 stuck installing at logo

Windows 10 stuck installing at logo: hello i just recently finished building my pc and everything seems to run fine. I downloaded the windows installer to a usb and when i boot it up it rolls a couple dots at the logo then freezes completely. I dont think it has anything to do with me messing up the build but i...
  9. Windows installation stuck on logo

Windows installation stuck on logo: Hello guys, I have a problem with my computer after formatting it. It had Windows 8.1 installed, but I wanted to change to Windows 10, so I installed it. However, it wasn’t giving a good performance, so I’ve thought of going back to 8.1. The problem is, no matter how many...
  10. Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo

Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo: Hi Friends, I am currently using windows 7 on my HP Laptop Core i3. Now i trying to install window 10 from ISO. I created Bootable USB (With Rufus). While installing window the installation get stuck on window logo. I waited long time but nothing happened. Kindly guide me how...