Windows 10: Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 How to Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 In Windows, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to: Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the pointers on your PC all at once, and you can switch between themes as often as you like.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14951, you can now download and install themes for Windows 10 from the Store.

Starting with themes setting page to install themes from the Store.

This tutorial will show you how to download and install themes from the Store to be available for all users in Windows 10.

*note Themes downloaded from the Store get installed in the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder as other.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Settings
    • Option Two: Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Store

OPTION ONE [/i] Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Themes on the left side, and click/tap on the Get more themes in Microsoft Store link under Change theme on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Go to step 4 in Option Two below to select and install a theme. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Download and Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Store
    1. Open the Store app.

2. Click/tap on the Apps tab at the top of the Store, and click/tap on the Top apps button. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Personalization in the Category drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Scroll down the page and click/tap on a theme (ex: "Aucklands One Tree Hill") you want to install. (see screenshot below)

5. Verify that this is a theme, and look at the screenshots to see if you want this theme. (see screenshot below)
    • If you don't want to install this theme, then click/tap on the Back arrow button
      at the top left corner, and go to step 4.
    • If you do want to install this theme, click/tap on the Get button.

6. When the theme has finished downloading and installing to be avialable for all users, you can click/tap on the Apply button to go to your themes setting page. (see screenshot below)

7. If you like, you can click/tap on this or any other theme to apply it for only your account. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 11, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store Theme Installation

Hello,

I am using Win 10. I installed a theme on Microsoft Store and tried to launch it. However new theme does not appear under "themes", "apply a theme" caption when I check "Personalization".

Following I accessed the folder under "WindowsApps" and tried to run "FishandCorals.deskthemepack". I received the error message "Windows can't save this theme to your computer".

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Mutlu Kızılelma

MutluKizilelma, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 26, 2019
  5. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

1. Install Themes from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Themes Microsoft

2. Themes not appearing in Settings after installing them from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Themes not appearing in Settings after installing them from the Microsoft Store: Hi there, I installed a theme from the Microsoft Store called Street Views PREMIUM as shown in the 1st picture below, but, after I install it, it doesn't appear in the Themes section under Settings > Personalization. When I clicked on Apply, it just brought me to the Themes...
  3. Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I am trying to install Minecraft from my Microsoft store account but get the error code - 0x803fb005. I have followed EVERY suggested way of fixing this problem from many different forums I dont seem to be alone however nothing has worked. My husband who works in IT so...
  4. Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?: I just downloaded the pride 2020 wallpapers slideshow and I wanted to know the location of the folder in which it is installed. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-themes-downloaded-from-microsoft/c42bbee0-00be-4759-9c45-c69fcac40524
  5. The problem of Microsoft Store theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The problem of Microsoft Store theme: Today I download background theme from Microsoft Store. But I cannot choose a picture from them and make a background. How can I fix it? submitted by /u/General-Assistance [link] [comments]...
  6. Where is the new theme that I purchased from the microsoft store?

Where is the new theme that I purchased from the microsoft store?: I purchased and downloaded 2 themes from the Microsoft store but I can't find them to install. They are not in Settings - Personalization - Themes. They are not in download folder. This is the first time that I purchased anything from the Microsoft store. The transaction...
  7. can't install new themes from the microsoft store. Any help appreciated.

can't install new themes from the microsoft store. Any help appreciated.: when I click on "install" for new themes from the Microsoft store, nothing happens, and I can't find them. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-new-themes-from-the-microsoft-store/d0c8ddf9-a960-488d-b6a8-23844334a26f
  8. Microsoft store themes

Microsoft store themes: I'm unable to update my screen saver to a new theme downloaded from Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-themes/a6ceedc8-490c-4720-a21f-706428b6a2ec"
  9. Unable to remove theme downloaded from Microsoft Store

Unable to remove theme downloaded from Microsoft Store: I downloaded a theme from Microsoft Store (Community Showcase Natural Landscapes 2), but now I can't delete it. I go to Settings/Personalization/Themes, and right click on the theme I want to delete, but the only option it gives me is "Save theme for sharing." When I right...
  10. Combine themes from Microsoft Store

Combine themes from Microsoft Store: Hi I can't figure this out. Everything I'm doing doesn't seem work. All I want is to showe every themes in the slideshow on my baggrund, but somehow, it's only possible to pick one theme and not all of them? I've tried the...