Windows 10: Install (Use) KODI on chromecast

Discus and support Install (Use) KODI on chromecast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Some people have been trying to find amazon fire TV sticks since they can be used (unofficially) for KODI -- however if you have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Dec 28, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Install (Use) KODI on chromecast

Hi there

Some people have been trying to find amazon fire TV sticks since they can be used (unofficially) for KODI -- however if you have a chromecast then it's also possible to run Kodi too. If the amazon tv stick is out of stock then this method shows how to use a chromecast stick as an alternative.

Follow this link.

Chromecast and Kodi: How to install Kodi onto Googles streaming stick | Alphr

Works fine on W10 / Linux and don't forget also to install the Android (phone app).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

kodi sound

Hi Frankie,

To better assist you with Kodi query, please contact Kodi Support. Please also contact Chromecast for your chrome casting query.

Note: You need the HDMI port to install its driver.

Thank you.

Riel Alc, Dec 28, 2015
  3. kodi sound

I can play movies from kodi on my HP desktop win 10 just fine. When I try it by casting to chromecast on my tv, the picture is great but the sound does not go through........I have been told that kodi uses hdmi when casting ( I can not verify this). I
    do not have an hdmi port. Could this be the problem. Can I install an hdmi driver without a port? If so, how.

chrome casting uses the intranet to transmit to Chromecast.

FrankieRaney, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

Install (Use) KODI on chromecast

1. Install (Use) KODI on chromecast - Similar Threads - Install KODI chromecast

2. Kodi Kodi freez. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodi Kodi freez. help!: Good morning, I use Shield TV with Kodi to watch documentaries I made in 4K and it has always worked well for me. I fed it even heavy stuff and it never made a Kodi move with the Shield TV. For a few days I have been feeding it 8bit HEVC files with a low bitrate, but Kodi...
  3. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  4. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  5. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Kodi won’t install or open on PC [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Kodi won’t install or open on PC [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Kodi is one of the best open-source media players. However, some Windows users are complaining that the player is not installing on their computer, and some users are saying that even though they can install Kodi, it is not launching on their system. In this article,...
  7. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  8. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  9. Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video

Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video: Hi there. It's simple to install KODI on to an Amazon TV firestick (from an android phone simply use Apps2FireTV -- install KODI on the phone and then use the app to install on remote TV firestick --simple). What I want though is to know how to install Kodi on a...
  10. Kodi BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kodi BSOD: Hi guys got a problem. Please help. Thanks in advance! 4554