Windows 10: Install Win 10 as an update over 8.1?

Discus and support Install Win 10 as an update over 8.1? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just curious if their are any brave souls who actually updated 8.1 to 10? And if you did, what where your experiences like? No dual-boots, no drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gramps, May 20, 2015.

1. Gramps Win User

Install Win 10 as an update over 8.1?

Just curious if their are any brave souls who actually updated 8.1 to 10? And if you did, what where your experiences like? No dual-boots, no drive swapping, no VM's or VHD's, a real live update.

:)

Gramps, May 20, 2015

2. win 10 stuck at at searching for updates

am trying to install the full version of win 10 over win 7 but win 10 is stuck at searching for updates wats the problem

harrywollman, May 20, 2015
  3. Corrupt install of Win 10 over existing Win 7"

1. No messages just locked up screen for a minute then a black flash before regain operation.

2. Windows Media Player

3. An exercise CD

4. In the SYSTEM32 directory I find 10-12 sql... files

When I try the win key I also get the screen lock up, minute or more of lock up then black flash before access to screen.

RonVinnedge, May 20, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I've done it and I didn't have any issues.

BunnyJ, May 20, 2015
  5. Gramps Win User
    Thank you both for your replies. May have to give it a go.

Gramps, May 20, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Just make sure you have imaged your C: drive "just in case"! Nice to have an escape route!

7. Gramps Win User
    For sure! I already had to restore 8.1 twice while attempting to get it and 10 to dual boot. Thanks for the tip!

Gramps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Win 10 as an update over 8.1? - Similar Threads - Install update

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  5. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  8. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  10. Temporary profile after update install.

Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...