Windows 10: Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Discus and support Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rorbit, Jan 10, 2017.

1. rorbit Win User

Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions *Smile

1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the install on it. If all goes to hell, by just reconnecting the original Win 10 drive will I be good to start over?

2. OneDrive, I have about 70 gb of data there, I do not want to download all this to my PC. I Have OneDrive backed up to an external drive would it be a simple matter of copying this to the new OneDrive on SSD.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would really appreciate you’re thoughts on the above strategy and possibly a new one.

:)

rorbit, Jan 10, 2017
  2. SAOyeah Win User

Windows 10 upgrade storage options

If I install win. 10 upgrade from win. 7 pro. Can I put just the OS on a new 500 gb ssd while keeping my games & other files on the hard drive that win 7 pro is on now?

SAOyeah, Jan 10, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary update split on 2 drives? How to fix?

Get a new SSD of 120-250 GB

lacrumb, Jan 10, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

Yes to both questions.

pparks1, Jan 10, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    You might want to re-partition your old drive because you will have a lot of wasted space on it.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD - Similar Threads - Install Pro 250

2. After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity: Hello! I just returned to Windows from openSUSE Linux. I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 using Ventoy. During the Windows installation, I "deleted" all the partitions for my SSD. However, I never got the option to "Format/Create New" which I'm usually able to do, to use...
  3. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  4. Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro: Hi guys, I am going to install a new SSD & new w10. I have got a laptop that I bought from Dell about 5 years ago with windows10 pro pre-installed. Do I need to go and buy a new copy of windows with a new product key or can I download windows from Microsoft using the...
  5. I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10: Hey, guys, i have tried to deactivate the stick in the device manager in windows 10. And I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD with Windows 10. Now my PC won't start anymore. Please please please please I need urgent help can someone tell me how I can activate the drive...
  6. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  7. Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?: As the thread title states, my SSD is mysteriously missing a ton of space.. It is my C: drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. I put the SSD in, while using Windows7, anyway, I got Win 10 (clean install from scratch), Cloned from HDD to SSD, moved around the boot...
  8. Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD

Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD: HP p6716f Win10 HP (x64) desktop 1 TB hard drive (920 GB free) needs to be replaced. --- It appears to me there is only 80GB in use. Is that correct? I’d like to replace it with an SSD: I suspect 250 GB would be more than ample size. I've read that it isn't possible to...
  9. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  10. Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or

Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or: When I mount the drive in a Kingston drive adapter , the Samsung Magician software does not recognize the drive although Disc check identifies fine? Tried several different USB connectors & a second computer . Is there a workaround to migrate my win 10 system to the SSD -...