Windows 10: Install win 10 without activation

Discus and support Install win 10 without activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, A while back on this BBS I read about installing windows 10 without activating it because you want to give your computer away and want the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sven1458, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Sven1458 Win User

Install win 10 without activation

Hi all,
    A while back on this BBS I read about installing windows 10 without activating it because you want to give your computer away and want the new owner to activate and put in all the setting that they want.
    can some one post me the link to that? I can't find it.

Thanks
    Sven

:)

Sven1458, Apr 22, 2016

2. CD Key does not work second time installing, but windows says it's active?

Once you have upgraded to win 10 (and activated) your license and activation ID is kept on the activation server. When you clean install it checks the server verifies your hardware and completes the install. There is no need to enter the key on install

All win 10 users (except for those who purchased win 10, MSDN, and Volume users) have the same generic win 10 key. It is useless without the activation ID on the server.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 22, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Reverting to original license in windows 10

Windows 7 key is not embedded as win 8 is. He will need the original win 7 pro key since Enterprise is not actually activated. It cannot be activated without a volume license. Only windows 10 Pro was eligible to install on a win 7 pro computer. Enterprise
    is not part of the free upgrade offer. The tech was wrong to have installed Enterprise.

The original Win 10 upgrade was never completely installed so there is no activated license to retrieve. If there is a sticker with the activation key on the computer, that can be used to activate Win 10 Pro.

mlg63, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 23, 2016
  5. Sven1458 Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Thanks for your replay, but there was an option not to activate windows 10 and let the new user do that including setting up all the option, like if you buy a new PC and when you first turn it on it wants to set up all the options and then activate it.

Sven

Sven1458, Apr 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, you could setup a dummy account during setup so that the new owner could use it to setup their own account on the PC, then delete the dummy account afterwards.

Brink, Apr 23, 2016
  7. Sven1458 Win User
    I guess I could do that, but how does, lets say, DELL do it? There must be a way

Sven1458, Apr 23, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Superfly, Apr 23, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Would it be:
    sysprep /oobe

?

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2016
  10. Sven1458 Win User
    Thanks Superfly,

I learned something new today.
    I will read some more later, but I don't know if I can do all that.
    Thanks for helping
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 23, 2016
  11. Sven1458 Win User
    Sven1458, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Install win 10 without activation - Similar Threads - Install without activation

2. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  3. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  4. installed win 10 without format C drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    installed win 10 without format C drive.: I installed win 10 by dvd on my pc without booting. I didn't format the previous win 7. Now I am seeing old program of win 7 on my desktop while i already delete windows.old folder from C drive. Plz help me submitted by /u/amit-gautam [link] [comments]...
  5. activate win 10 home - after repair place has installed win 10 pro without activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate win 10 home - after repair place has installed win 10 pro without activation: i normally ran win 10 home - then I had to go to repair place for change hard drive - and that company installed win 10 pro - but did not activate - so now I cannot actgivate, because i dont have product key from win 10 pro - and I only have activation key for win 10 home...
  6. Install Win 10 without a video card?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 without a video card?: Have an ASUS ROG Strix Z590E mobo, and an Intel i7-11700K CPU, with Intel UHD Graphics 750 on order. Is it possible to install Win 10 and utilize the onboard graphics since video cards are scarce and very expensive right now? 176393
  7. can I use Win 10 without activating it?

can I use Win 10 without activating it?: can I use Win 10 without activating it? kann ich Win 10 nutzen ohne es zu aktivieren?
  8. Installed win 10 without key

Installed win 10 without key: I had a win 7 pc in which i downloaded the windows to download tool. 2hours later I had windows 10 fully working. However not at one point did i have to put in my product key????...
  9. Converting my win 7 license to win 10 without installing it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting my win 7 license to win 10 without installing it?: I have a win 7 install disk, and I don't want to loose the chance to have windows 10 for free, is there a way to convert it without installing it. If not I have some old computer that probably can install win 7 then upgrade to 10. But will I be able to erase it and install...
  10. How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?: Hello, I took part in the free upgrade offer from 7 and used the media creation tool to upgrade (probably should have waited for the upgrade notification but meh), It worked my windows 10 is activated but, I noticed that it wasn't a clean install and I'm not too fond of that...