Windows 10: install windows 10 after recovery failure

Discus and support install windows 10 after recovery failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Starting with windows 10 version 1709, osbuild 16299.431 I have not been able to install windows 10 updates. The job ends with an error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dinosaur2009, Aug 18, 2018.

1. install windows 10 after recovery failure

Starting with windows 10 version 1709, osbuild 16299.431 I have not been able to install windows 10 updates. The job ends with an error code 0x8007042b. I tried numerous fixes I found on the bulletin boards and finally opened a case with microsoft. They could not get a reinstall of windows 10 to work; no message, it just failed. Their last solution was a “custom install” which would wipe my hard drive. I didn’t have time to work on that at that time.

I have now tried to recover using a recovery disk, which wiped my hard drive. That failed with "Reset this PC There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made" At this point I have a blank hard drive, but I do have several recovery disks (I’ve tried all of them) and an ISO file.

I suspect I have a hard drive problem.

I wanted to check the drive, so I downloaded DBAN and used Rufus to create a bootable USB. My laptop does not recognize that USB and says I need a drive with an operating system.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

:)

Dinosaur2009, Aug 18, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

install windows 10 after recovery failure partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

install windows 10 after recovery failure

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

install windows 10 after recovery failure [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

install windows 10 after recovery failure

1. install windows 10 after recovery failure - Similar Threads - install recovery failure

2. Recovery Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Failure: I was having an issue with my keyboard and tried running recovery to go back to a few days ago to try and fix it. The recovery failed and the laptop froze. When it booted back up it goes into an endless "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. I have tried booting to recovery...
  3. Recovery Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Failure: I was having an issue with my keyboard and tried running recovery to go back to a few days ago to try and fix it. The recovery failed and the laptop froze. When it booted back up it goes into an endless "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. I have tried booting to recovery...
  4. Recovery Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Recovery Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows recovery failure

Windows recovery failure: I see "locked"comments from 2017 that there is "no Advanced System Recovery". if so, WHY does my Windows 10 computer tell me that after multiple system recovery attempts - attempts that have taken overa three hours before telling me that the attempt has failed and to try...
  8. Windows 10 offline recovery failure

Windows 10 offline recovery failure: the recovery was in progess...about 60% of it was completed...then suddenly it stops and a msg is shown on the screen saying some prblm occured due to which it failed or isnt completed somthing like that...i have tried recovery 4 times even used diff usb drive of 32gb...
  9. Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive

Failure to install windows 10 from a USB recovery drive: Last week i began experiencing persistent blue screens on my PC. After a day or so of this it finally died and brought me to the recovery screen for Windows. When I try to do automatic repairs it says there was a problem and my PC has to be restarted. I installed a fresh...
  10. recovery after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recovery after harddrive failure: before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365....