Windows 10: Install windows 10 after reverting to Windows 7

Discus and support Install windows 10 after reverting to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had varying degrees of success installing Windows 10. On August 2 I installed it on my LENOVO G570 running Windows 7. It installed without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ficimia, Aug 23, 2015.

1. ficimia Win User

Install windows 10 after reverting to Windows 7

I have had varying degrees of success installing Windows 10. On August 2 I installed it on my LENOVO G570 running Windows 7. It installed without incident and seemed to be running properly. However I could not find a way to get Money Sunset Plus to run in W10, so I reverted to W7. A couple of days later, I updated my wife’s computer to W10 and reinstalled Money Sunset on her computer and it ran fine.
    I then decided to reinstall W10 on my LENOVO. In did not complete the install and showed error C1900101-30018. I then downloaded the Windows 10 ISO, and installed from a clean boot. It installed, but disabled my wireless adapter and my graphics card driver would not allow me to change resolution. After trying several fixes suggested in the online forum, I once again reverted to W7. I’ve tried again since to upgrade online, but continue to get the error C1900101-30018.

I spent about 1.5 hours chatting with a Windows tech, but he could not help me.

I like W10 and want to upgrade, but I’m apparently out of options. Any suggestions?

:)

ficimia, Aug 23, 2015

2. reverting pc

Can I still revert my windows 7 pc to its factory settings safely after installing the free windows 10 upgrade? Would it revert to windows 7 or 10 if I done this?

PeterSteadman777, Aug 23, 2015
  3. reverting pc

In theory - yes. It would, of course, revert to the Windows 7 Factory Settings.

In practice - it depends on the method used by the manufacturer of your machine. The method to launch the Factory Restore process might have been compromised by the Windows 10 installation. You need to check the instructions on the manufacturer's home page.

Frederik Long, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

One option would be to do a Clean Install instead of an upgrade. You can do this since you already completed a successful Windows 10 upgrade.

Backup all you data then follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Aug 23, 2015
  5. mfcphil Win User
    Its a case of wait for an official fix

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Technol...0xC1900101.htm

mfcphil, Aug 23, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would suggest a clean install of Windows 10 and use older versions of the drivers for the WiFi adapter and video obtained either from the manufacturer of the computer or the manufacturer of the adapter chip and GPU (graphics processing unit). Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 drivers should work just fine but can be little tricky to get installed.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install windows 10 after reverting to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Install reverting

2. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  3. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  4. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...: After reverting back to windows 7, I still gave a try and installed Windows 10 again. This time, it again downgraded to windows 7 but it was in a span of 7 days....
  5. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...: After reverting back to windows 7, I still gave a try and installed Windows 10 again. This time, it again downgraded to windows 7 but it was in a span of 7 days....
  6. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  8. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  9. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version

Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version: Hello!So I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and I wanted to play Minecraft, so I downloaded the installer and tried to install Minecraft. However, it told me my Windows 10 wasn't up-to-date and that it would update for me. So, I let it open the...