Windows 10: Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode.

Discus and support Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am wondering if I can install windows 10 creator's update on my new hp laptop, I have it on usb, in uefi mode. The reason I ask is that my older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hewjr100, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode.

I am wondering if I can install windows 10 creator's update on my new hp laptop, I have it on usb, in uefi mode. The reason I ask is that my older laptop, also an hp did not allow me to install via eufi, but in legacy only. I think it has something to do with oem windows baked in to the bios.

Henry.

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 26, 2017

2. Dual booting Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 on a UEFI Firmware

Yes. You can boot to uefi with Windows 10 and uefi legacy mode (emulated BIOS) with Windows 7 on the same computer. Both are fine. It happens automatically. Just install each one and each one will be in its proper mode without your having to do anything
    special.

The uefi standards committee has ensured that all computers using uefi firmware provide for seamless installation of legacy operating systems. Since 2011 the Microsoft Windows Logo Program has required that all new computers shipped with the Windows Logo
    comply with these standards.

Windows 8 and 10 install on uefi computers with a primary partition and one two or small additional partitions. Those are part of the UEFI format. On the same computer you will only see a single, primary partition for Windows Vista or 7. They are in UEFI
    legacy mode. It is all part of the same UEFI firmware.

Got it now? Install your copy of Windows 7 and enjoy.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 26, 2017
  3. System Restore Question in Win 10

Thank you for the fast response. The error message: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style occurs when your computer is booted in
    UEFI mode, but your hard disk is not configured for UEFI mode.

The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface or UEFI is a modern specification that defines software interface between Windows operating system and, your computer's firmware. The
    UEFI mode is designed to replace Basic Input/Output System (BIOS).

In order to install Windows 10 on your computer, we need to switch firmware modes. We need to boot it from
    UEFI mode to BIOS mode. You can find the steps on how to switch firmware modes in this

article
    . Follow the steps under the section: To boot to UEFI or BIOS. After switching firmware mode, try to install Windows 10 again using the installation media you created.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Jun 26, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

If you are sure your warranty will not be affected you could do a clean install which will remove all partitions and reformat the hard drive. Follow the details in this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 10

philc43, Jun 26, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Assuming your new laptop came with Win 10, it's a fair assumption it's already configured for UEFI/GPT.

Look at your Disk Management:

Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode. [​IMG]

If you see a Fat32 100Mb EFI partition, then you're already using UEFI.

If you are already running Win 10, you can simply wait for the upgrade. Note we recommend the routine use of disk imaging (e.g. Macrium reflect (free)) so you can recover from many problems, and updating the image before major changes such as upgrading.

dalchina, Jun 26, 2017
  6. Hewjr100 Win User
    Actually you are right, but I did a fresh install with my flash drive, thus removing pen system. I am currently installing with uefi enabled. It seems to be working.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 26, 2017
  7. Hewjr100 Win User
    OK all done. Now the next step is to see if I can get ubuntu 17.04 to dual boot? Will give an update for those interested.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode. - Similar Threads - Install Uefi Mode

2. Clean install in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install in UEFI mode: Hi I am about to receive the bits to upgrade my husbands PC from a simple desktop machine to what the PC Gamer site assures me is a high end gaming machine. However, in the process I want to take the opportunity of also upgrading to a UEFI system from MBR but I'm a little...
  3. Problems with installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode: Hi! I've been using this guide to install Windows, but my PC can't detect USB in UEFI mode, only in Legacy. What should I do? I've already tried rewriting the USB. submitted by /u/namiiniuk [link] [comments]...
  4. Computer stuck in UEFI mode when installing Windows 10

Computer stuck in UEFI mode when installing Windows 10: I will try my best to list the set of events that occured and the specifics of how this issue came to be, it is relevant to solving this issue. My computer/laptop is an ASUS ROG G750 I reset my computer and everything was fine, then I had some issues with MediaMonkey...
  5. Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode

Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode: Hi I’ve been reading articles in this community and others the last couple of days and I’m getting more and more confused. I have made my first build with the following equipment: Asus Prime Z370-P (Bios version 1002x64, firmware 11.8.50.3470) Intel Core i5 8400 2,8GHz...
  6. Can Not Install W10 in UEFI Mode

Can Not Install W10 in UEFI Mode: Hello, This is my first post here. Just joined TenForums. I`m having a problem trying to install W10 in UEFI mode. It keeps installing in Legacy mode. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the UEFI BIOS? Also it takes too long for the PC to finish POST. It takes...
  7. Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation

Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation: How do I set my BIOS to have the DVD boot and install Windows 10 in UEFI mode? I do see a setting on my Asus motherboard UEFI "CSM Compatability" and in there are three options: UEFI and Legacy OPROM Legacy OPROM only UEFI only Do I select UEFI only option here? What...
  8. Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode: Hello, I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have both UEFI and Legacy modes enabled in BIOS. When I try to boot from my Interna CD/DVD ROM Drive i just get some yellow screen...
  9. W10 install in UEFI mode

W10 install in UEFI mode: When I receive the Windows 10 download on July 29th or whenever they send it to me, I want to install it in UEFI mode. I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit currently and it is installed in BIOS mode. (Long story, I've never been willing to clean install after I had W8.1 up and...
  10. few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode

few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode: First of all thanks for the excellent guide. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html I have a few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode: I read in a couple of websites that for the installation and boot to be in "full" UEFI mode...