Windows 10: Install x64 on 32 bit system+keep data files in separate partition?

Discus and support Install x64 on 32 bit system+keep data files in separate partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd like to install x64 on my PC. I've partitioned the single 500GB drive so that I have the OS in drive C: and the data in drive F:. Can I install x64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by siboli, Oct 5, 2015.

1. siboli Win User

Install x64 on 32 bit system+keep data files in separate partition?

I'd like to install x64 on my PC. I've partitioned the single 500GB drive so that I have the OS in drive C: and the data in drive F:. Can I install x64 on the computer, and keep the data files in F:?

Thanks

:)

siboli, Oct 5, 2015

2. Using Macintosh to load Windows 10 under Bootcamp causes bad_pool_header and loops when Office Professional program is activated

Hi Barry,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

Windows 10 will get installed on your system according to the architecture of your system. If your system is made of 32 bit to support the installation files will get downloaded of 32 bit. You do not have to download separate files according to the
    architecture of the system.

Kindly keep us updated on the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 5, 2015
  3. WifiUsmc Win User
    32 bit File Explorer on Windows 10 x64

I have Windows 10 x64 installed on my machine. I need to run file explorer in 32 bit mode.
    I expected it to be located at %windir%\syswow64\explorer.exe.
    I’ve tried running it with these switch’s. /separate /e, but when I look at my task manager it doesn’t show that it’s running in (32 bit) mode. What am I missing here for it to run in 32 bit mode?

WifiUsmc, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Data files are generally bit agnostic, so it should be no problem.

Rocky, Oct 5, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Install Windows 10 64-bit in C:. To change the default Documents folder create a new folder in partition F: and name it Documents or whatever you want. Go to the user folder (this has the name of the current user) and right-click on the Documents folder. Select Properties. Go to the tab Location where you can change it to the new folder in F:. You also have to move all your files to the new folder, if you don't want to browse to the old folder every time you need them, and to free space in C:. Now every application will save documents by default to that folder. Same way you can move your Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos folders. Alternatively you must remember each new file to Save As and select another folder. If you just Save it, will go to the default folder. I have done it once for a customer that had a small 80GB SSD and was full with data. I moved all folders to a second hard disk so I could free the SSD for applications. You can even change the location of Program Files folder, but this is not recommended as many applications may have problem afterwards. Best it to choose Custom installation during setup and make sure you install them in another folder.

One drawback with this is that you are not allowed to upgrade to a new Windows version until you restore the location of the folders to their original folder. The advantage, apart from keeping an SSD free, is that if something happens to your Windows installation you can just format and reinstall Windows without worrying about taking a backup since your files are already in a separate partition. Of course you will need to reinstall the applications, but it is better than nothing.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install x64 on 32 bit system+keep data files in separate partition? - Similar Threads - Install x64 bit

2. 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32-bit operating system and x64-based processor: Is there any problem to have a 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor. Can my system be updated to x64 based system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-operating-system-and-x64-based-processor/18a179d0-fdb3-4eec-afdb-00f63091978a
  3. Install 32 bit Windows 10 on 64 bit system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 32 bit Windows 10 on 64 bit system: I would like to install my Reader Rabbit games, which are made to go on 32 bit system, on my windows 10, a 64 bit system. Can this be done? As a teacher, I would like to keep using my old Reader Rabbit games in school if possible. I cannot buy an updated version of these....
  4. install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system

install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system: My laptop has 64 bit system and only 2 GB ram non up-gradable and I want to use Windows 10 32 bit in order to lessen the usage of RAM. installing a windows 10 64 bit OS is fine on my windows 10 computer, when i try installing a 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine, i always get...
  5. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  6. Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system: I have WIndows 10 on a Surface Pro 6 computer. I am unable to install my Microsoft Digital Image software (on discs). I am given the message that it won't insall on a 64 bit system. I had it installe don a former computer, which also had Windows 10 on it. What am I doing...
  7. x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.

x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.: I doubt it would work, but can you install 64-Bit Windows (preferably Windows7 or 10) on a 32-Bit processer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/x64-windows-on-a-32-bit-processer/3f58f4a8-2339-42e7-8162-4298272cc883
  8. system showing 32-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system showing 32-bit: Why is my laptop showing System 32-bit, when its clearly x64-bit machine. 30359
  9. Data on separate partition or drive?

Data on separate partition or drive?: Wondering how Windows 10 deals with putting data on a separate partition or drive. Does it use the same general method as in Windows 7, where it re-maps (for example) "Documents" to a folder on a different letter drive path? So that C:\Users\{user}\Documents becomes...
  10. See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10: How to: See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10 How to Determine if Running 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Architecture of Windows 10 The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrad to 64 bit keeping partition data