Windows 10: Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 How to Install Your Apps from My Library in Microsoft Store in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

How to: Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

How to Install Your Apps from My Library in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

The Store app in Windows 10 has a My Library feature that shows you all of the apps, games, music, and movies & TV that you installed on all devices while signed in with your Microsoft account. My Library in the Store makes it easy to quickly download and install an app or game owned by a Microsoft account to any account (local or Microsoft) on any Windows 10 PC or device.

My Library in the Store can be useful if:
    • You want to see all the Windows apps you own for your Microsoft account.
    • You uninstalled a Windows app, and would like to reinstall it.
    • You would like to install an app owned by your Microsoft account to another local account or Microsoft account.
    *note You can install apps or games on up to 10 devices.

Microsoft - Devices with apps and games you downloaded from the Store

*note If you have the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education edition installed, you will no longer need to be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account to install an app from the Store.

There are some restrictions though:
    1. The Windows 10 Home edition still requires signing in to the Store with a Microsoft account before any apps or games can be downloaded.
    2. Only free apps or games can be installed without a Microsoft account. This is likely done to avoid situations where pay for apps or games would not be available to reinstall (if needed) without having to pay for them again.
    3. You will need to download all apps again whenever you reinstall Windows 10.
    4. Some applications may still require a Microsoft account or another account to work properly or at all.
    This tutorial will show you how to use My Library in the Microsoft Store to install your Windows apps to any account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Sign in to the local account or Microsoft account on Windows 10 that you want to install the apps on.

2. Open the Store app.

3. Sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account that owns the app(s) you want to install to the account in step 1.

*note If you signed in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account in step 1, then you will be signed in to the Store with the same Microsoft account by default. If you needed to sign in to the Store with a different Microsoft account, then you would need to sign out of the Store first, then sign in to the Store with the other Microsoft account.

If you signed in to Windows 10 with a local account in step 1, then you will only need to sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account that owns the app(s).

4. In the Store, click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button at the top right, and click/tap on My Library. (see screenshot below)

Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. Click/tap on the Install button to the right of the app(s) you want to install. (see screenshot below)

*note You can click/tap on the Show hidden products button to see any apps you have hidden.

6. You will now get a notification that the app(s) was installed, and find the newly installed app(s) listed under All apps in the Start menu. (see screenshots below)

7. When finished, you can close the Store app.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 24, 2016
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

1. Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Apps Library

2. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  3. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  4. Remove app from Store library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove app from Store library: I have the Mail and Calendar app stuck in my Library in the Store.Still isn't an option to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-app-from-store-library/4a8842d0-6fac-4bec-850e-512e8dbb5105
  5. Remove app from Store library

Remove app from Store library: I have the Mail and Calendar app stuck in my Library in the Store.Still isn't an option to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-app-from-store-library/4a8842d0-6fac-4bec-850e-512e8dbb5105
  6. Unable to install Your Phone app from Windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Your Phone app from Windows store: I've tried several times to install the Your Phone app from the Windows store to my Win 10/64 PC. Every time I get an error message that says, Something unexpected happened and Code: 0xC00CE224 at the bottom. How can I get around this?...
  7. Apps missing from my library and Store

Apps missing from my library and Store: I had a couple of paint by number apps sticking. This has happened before; solution was to uninstall and reinstall. I just did this. Now they are missing from the Store and my Library. Other apps still installed in this category are also missing from Library and Store. What...
  8. Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences: Finally got around freshly installing my gaming desktop and wanted to install some apps from the Windows Store that I use frequently. Noticed a few things and trying to wrap my OCD head around this: 1. I used Apps like Facebook regularly. Why does the store say "get"...
  9. Microsoft 10 Store My Library Shows No Installed Apps But I Have Installed Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft 10 Store My Library Shows No Installed Apps But I Have Installed Apps: My Windows 10 Acer Tablet does not show any installed apps. There fore I cannot update or download any apps. What I have tried: 1. Run the command to reset the Windows Store App. No change, no apps shows. 2. Logged in and logged out of the account, still nothing shows...
  10. Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 How to Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 [info]The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse...