Windows 10: Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can PM you the list of generic keys if you want? I know where its saved on my desktop PC, just can't find it on my laptop at the moment. Thanks, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wynona, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Wynona Win User

Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro

Thanks, but since I have the necessary retail product keys, I don't guess I need the generics. Besides, if I remember correctly, for some reason, the generics didn't work with PID.txt. I don't have a clue why, though.

Wynona, Sep 6, 2016

2. The generic key is the one I use in my PID.txt file. Windows will install with those keys no problem. They will only activate if there is a matching DL on the activation server, though. If Windows 10 was never activated on a PC and you use that key it won't activate. Or if you use the Home key and the DL is for Pro, etc. They will work if all the ducks are in a row though.

alphanumeric, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Wynona Win User
    For this machine, I had Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro upgraded from Windows 8.1 Core, so the generic key should have worked, but it didn't. I don't know why, though.

Wynona, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro

Works for me from a PID.txt. I've done it that way on several PC's. First time I got Home instead of Pro, I did a change product key and typed it in manually. Windows then upgraded to Pro, rebooted, and activated automatically with the DL it already had. It's what ever works for you in the end that counts though. I keep track of every product code I've used and what PC they were used on. Just in case I want to reinstall an older OS for testing etc. No worrying about activation failing either. I really wish there was an option to override the auto key detection built into the setup. Give a message "this key found, do you want use it, yes or no?".

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro

1. Installation and Activation of Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Installation Activation Pro

2. Clean Windows 11 Pro install will not activate. Had Windows 10 Pro installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows 11 Pro install will not activate. Had Windows 10 Pro installed.: I had Windows 10 Pro installed on my computer. upgraded from a physical Windows 8.1 copyI did a clean install of Windows 11 Pro.Now my Windows 11 Pro will not activate despite being logged in with my Microsoft Account.I figured that I had to remove my previous device...
  3. Clean Windows 11 Pro install will not activate. Had Windows 10 Pro installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Windows 11 Pro install will not activate. Had Windows 10 Pro installed.: I had Windows 10 Pro installed on my computer. upgraded from a physical Windows 8.1 copyI did a clean install of Windows 11 Pro.Now my Windows 11 Pro will not activate despite being logged in with my Microsoft Account.I figured that I had to remove my previous device...
  4. Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??: OK, here is one that falls in the really ODD world books. As reported by one of our staff. The PC, an HP all in one, Windows 10 Pro. The issue reported was/is. My computer is prompting me to activate Windows 10 Pro. When I try to troubleshoot the activation I get the...
  5. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  6. WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT ACTIVATING

WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT ACTIVATING: I bought this laptop with Windows 10 pro installed on it and I was under the impression that it was permanent. My Activation status is sitting as "windows is not activated use your organizations activation server" I have no organization and can not access an organization...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro

Activate Windows 10 Pro: Helloo There, I cant activate my product Key in the new PC, it's brand new and OEM. I have also all the new package for the new cd and the label for the new fresh product key and I scratched by myself and I'm sure wasn't installed before in any device. Please help and if...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Activation

Windows 10 Pro Activation: Hey all, I just purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store and when I go into Activation under Settings it says it cannot activate. Is there some way for Windows to finally acknowledge my digital license or do I need to purchase that separately? There is no option...
  9. Windows 10 Pro not activated after installing

Windows 10 Pro not activated after installing: I re-installed Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8390 PC and upgraded to Pro, and now cannot activate Windows. The PC was originally shipped with Windows 10, then Ubuntu Server was installed, then was returned to Windows 10. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a bootable usb was...
  10. Windows 10 PRO install and activation

Windows 10 PRO install and activation: I purchased this product in May of 2017. When I log into my Microsoft account, I should have a digital key. My order page just shows the purchase and when I reinstalled Windows 10 PRO it says my copy won't activate. Nothing I do is helping. I went to windows...