Windows 10: Installation failed with error code 7

Discus and support Installation failed with error code 7 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was asked to look at a friends' computer when he couldn't install software. He was trying to install something called Papercraft Factory made by a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by engine987, Mar 8, 2018.

1. engine987 Win User

Installation failed with error code 7

I was asked to look at a friends' computer when he couldn't install software. He was trying to install something called Papercraft Factory made by a company called Funky Hand that doesn't seem to exist anymore. The executable is just a setup.exe that contains Adobe Air and the items necessary to run the software. When the exe file starts to install, it gets to the install of Adobe Air and fails with error code 7. That's it, no other information. I've tried installing it on a Windows 7 machine with the exact same result (the program is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7, but does not list Windows 10). Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? Googling it doesn't appear to produce and applicable solutions.

:)

engine987, Mar 8, 2018

2. Error code: "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Error code: "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation"

Windows10 not installing and going back to my Windows 7.

koolguy2006, Mar 8, 2018
  3. zimo4321 Win User
    Failed to install Ovi Suite on Windows 7 - Installation failed Code: 3

I failed to install Ovi Suite on Windows 7 (the latest version 2.2.. as well as an older version). I get installation operation failed , unknown error , code 3

zimo4321, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

Installation failed with error code 7

1. Installation failed with error code 7 - Similar Threads - Installation failed error

2. failed install attempt error code 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed install attempt error code 0x800f0922: Hi microsoft, I just buy new laptop HP with intel celeron and windows 10 home when my laptop connect to internet, my windows 10 update automatically running. however, when windows ask to restart system for completing update, the windows 10 update failed install with...
  3. Error Code 30010-7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 30010-7: Trying to reinstall Office 2016 on computer and keeps giving me an error message 30010-4. How do I fix this. I need office on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-30010-7/0a75b95d-4b56-41b2-ac78-9c252f0a4fa2"
  4. Fresh install of Windows 10 fails with "restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D"

Fresh install of Windows 10 fails with "restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D": On an Asus laptop, on which the hard drive crashed I am trying to install Windows 10 onto a new Samsung 500Gb 860 EVO SSD drive. I have tried installing from a DVD (that I successfully reinstalled Windows 10 onto the HDD back in February 2018) but it now fails with:...
  5. .Net 3.5 Install Fails (Error Code : 0x800F0950)

.Net 3.5 Install Fails (Error Code : 0x800F0950): I have tried so many ways to install MS .net framwork 3.5 but no one work. I also try to enable from windows features on\off and already tried with setup download from Microsoft site but nothing works Everytime i recieve same error. "The changes could't be complete please...
  6. Installation failed, Error Code : 0x80D02002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation failed, Error Code : 0x80D02002: After clean install of CU, when I try to install " Asphalt 8" game I receive the above message after downloading all of 2.97 GB over a slow internet connection & downloading starts again from scratch. Where is the earlier downloaded material & is there any way out from the...
  7. itunes failed installation error code 1603

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes failed installation error code 1603: I got a new laptop and i was installing the various important apps and when i tried to install itunes it failed and I received the following error message [img] . I looked in Event Viewer and i found this message during the time when i tried to install the latest...
  8. Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005: Hello, Windows 10 Build 1511 (I rolled back from anniversary update because my Logitech webcam software stopped working) Trying upgrade iTunes to latest version or installing Onenote etc... = fail with error code 0x080070005. Any ideas please? Thanks John 78875
  9. failed during clean install Error Code 0x8007025D

failed during clean install Error Code 0x8007025D: I've spent the whole of today and yesterday trying to install windows 10 onto my SSD, it's not partitioned as i have read from various sites that the installation software will you all of that but everytime it get to the step after copying the files over i get the error...
  10. Win 10 install fails error code 80070003

Win 10 install fails error code 80070003: I think this may be due to the Win 8 installation which was done as an upgrade from win7 pro. I think the bootmgr/bcd is on the wrong drive. There isn't a system reserved partition on my C: drive but there is an OEM partition, an EFI system partition and a recovery partition....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed error code 7

2. papercraft factory error code 7