Windows 10: Installation help... I’m lost

Discus and support Installation help... I’m lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my dvd disk would not boot as well in rom drive. So idownloaded a small piece of software called RUFUS portable version is the best. plug in a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MDH17, Apr 4, 2018.

1. MDH17 Win User

Installation help... I’m lost

I don't own a second PC but I own a backup Mac so I ended up downloading the ISO from Microsoft's website and using Bootcamp to turn the USB into a bootable Windows 10. Process froze halfway (sounds like a common problem online) and refused to go further, but seeing as it got far enough to format the flashdrive as FAT32 I was then able to simply drag over the contents of the ISO onto the USB. Ended up being faster than if I had let bootcamp run.

MDH17, Apr 4, 2018
  2. MDH17 Win User

My old Windows 7 1TB Corsair hard drive stopped booting, wouldn't allow safe mode or system restore or logging in so I ordered a new WD Blue 1TB Sata6 64mb Cache harddrive and a copy of a Windows 10 disk from Newegg. I inserted the disk and went into my bios and set boot option 1 to my Optical drive named HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24 and launched and went to a screen that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Inset Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

I've read that I should try launching CSM and disabling Secure Boot Control, but I can't find that anywhere in my BIOS. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155.

My friend told me (after he told me to order a new harddrive and OS) that I have to format the harddrive first. This is the only PC in the house, everything else is mac. Help???

:)

MDH17, Apr 5, 2018
  3. Restoring your previous version of windows' stuck or loop issue

Yolvi,

I called the number for my area in the US, but i could not get to where i could recieve help for my issues.

It appears any help is a lost cause as i watch my computer continually cycle through it loop.

I’m trashing this computer as a lost cause and will purchase another as I need one that works and can’t wait any longer to recieve/find help to repair this one. It’a a diffucult desion but needs to be done as it appears no one can help.

RichNorman, Apr 5, 2018
  4. reck2 Win User

error C1900101 - 40017

I’ve been battling with this error since Windows 10 was released and have been trying to update since then. From searching it appears to be driver related and seems to have affected quite a few people.

Having spent so long trying to fix this error I’m nearing the point where I’m thinking about wiping the computer and installing Windows 10 from scratch by booting from the DVD. I was hoping that a MS update may fix the error but I’ve lost hope this is going
    to happen.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this before I go down this route?

I’ve tried so many things I’ve lost count but it includes:

Updating drivers

Sfc /scannow

Clean boot

Unplugging everything from computer

Thanks

reck2, Apr 5, 2018
  5. If you have the Windows 10 disk in the optical drive you need to press a key when it shows on the screen "Press any key to boot...."

That will boot the Windows 10 disc and get the install started.

IF that does not show and you still get the message. Try pressing F8 a few times before/as the boot up starts. Then select the optical drive there to boot the Windows 10 disc.

EDIT: Windows 10 will format and setup the hard drive for you during the install.

Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018
  6. MDH17 Win User
    Sadly every time I press a key it just sends the message again. For me, boot menu is F12 not F8. I’ve done that to boot to my Optical drive already but it acts no different than if I booted to my harddrive. It gives me the message press any key, but whenever I press a key it just sends the message again.

MDH17, Apr 5, 2018
  7. Is the DVD drive the only optical drive you have? No other drive it could possibly be your trying to boot from?

8. MDH17 Win User

The only two drives given as an option are the HDD and the Optical drive. DVD is inserted.

MDH17, Apr 5, 2018
  9. Other than taking the DVD out and putting it back in, also perhaps powering down and then trying again...... I will let someone with knowledge of newer hardware chime in here.

10. MDH17 Win User
    The last HDD slowly slowed down chrome and then one day wouldn’t boot, wouldn’t system restore, wouldn’t do safe mode. Is it a bad idea to put this Windows 10 disk into there in an attempt to overwrite it?

MDH17, Apr 5, 2018
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    Sounds to me like your DVD drive is not reading the disk Why don't you download and create a USB install media from MCT and try the install form that, use the Product Key from the DVD

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
  12. MDH17 Win User
    A tech friend recently recommended that. Thank you.

MDH17, Apr 5, 2018
  13. Installation help... I’m lost

my dvd disk would not boot as well in rom drive.
    So idownloaded a small piece of software called RUFUS portable version is the best.
    plug in a usb stick and run rufus to create a bootable usb drive (stick) at least 8gig capacity.
    change the bootable option to ISO IMAGE click on the icon and direct the path to the dvd(win10) disk in your rom drive
    Once done enter the BIOS and select(boot order) uefi usb drive to be the first bootable drive.
    I found this method excellent to use no problem at all do custom install on win10
    Make sure you back up the files you want to save before you do the above.

johnebadbak, Apr 9, 2018
  14. cereberus Win User
    Easier to use media creation tool.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2018
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    100% agree @cereberus! Also more reliable, if the user already has the ISO file, to use diskpart and then copy the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. It is completely unnecessary and overly complicated to use RUFUS.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation help... I’m lost - Similar Threads - Installation help I’m

2. Help I’m stuck on a blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I’m stuck on a blue screen loop: I swapped my ssd into my pc from laptop now I’m getting a blue screen on both my pc and laptop I have looked at so many YouTube videos but nothing is helping I practically only have access to command prompt it says I have a inaccessible boot drive when I go onto command...
  3. Please help, I’m in dire need of assistance!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help, I’m in dire need of assistance!: Is it possible to salvage any files including file recovery files when Windows won’t boot properly, If so, then how, because I have a USB drive but not a disk. Note: This is my current scenario, please help!!!Edit: I have a Surface Book 3 and it’s in dire need....
  4. Help I’m stuck!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I’m stuck!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shamzino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k39ogf/help_im_stuck/
  5. I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???: [IMG]Im going to starbucks ill explain later, everytime i connect to the internet, chrome works perfectly, browsers work fine but when i use store apps or xbox apps on windows 10 i get something by like this, help because i do not want to reset my entire system. Ill end of...
  6. Please someone help I’m going insane

Please someone help I’m going insane: I just built a brand new pc literally an hour ago I installed everything right everything is no longer than a week old (besides gpu) and my pc keeps crashing literally seconds after boot up. But not like crash crash well here’s the thing. It turns on the fans spin the lights...
  7. Help! I’m stuck in a reboot loop

Help! I’m stuck in a reboot loop: submitted by /u/goytomau [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntq4f/help_im_stuck_in_a_reboot_loop/
  8. Help! I’m a noob

Help! I’m a noob: VCRUNTIME.dll I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling through command prompt Tried installing it from the Microsoft website Also tried (scannow) on command prompt. Just trying to download origin for gaming Scared to download anything from the internet I see from YouTube...
  9. I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!: So my pc starts undoing changes an infinite amount of times so I enabled safe mode which worked but I was unable to put the correct password even though I did. I went to advanced options and accidentally clicked on startup repair and now I’m stuck. Since I don’t know the...
  10. Lost Power Options (clean install) Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Power Options (clean install) Please help!: Hi. I updated from 8.1 to 10 and have lost all of my power options. The only one I have is "balanced". Is there any way I can enable "high performance"? Your help is appreciated! Joseph 11137