Windows 10: installation is stuck, explanation is too complex

Discus and support installation is stuck, explanation is too complex in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Try following these steps: Click Start, Run, type: cmd. Right click the Program Menu entry that appear and select “Run as Administrator”. Press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by neatnerd, Aug 9, 2018.

1. neatnerd Win User

installation is stuck, explanation is too complex

Try following these steps:
    1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd. Right click the Program Menu entry that appear and select “Run as Administrator”. Press Enter. Run the following command in the opened window: Net stop WuAuServ
    2. Wait for the process to finish.
    3. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
    4. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistributionOLD
    5. Click Start, Run, type: cmd. Right click the Program Menu entry that appear and select “Run as Administrator”. Press Enter. Run the following command in the opened window: Net start WuAuServ
    6. Wait for the process to finish.
    7. Reboot.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue"

I do not know where to begin. Where do I click?

:)

neatnerd, Aug 9, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 9, 2018
  4. installation is stuck, explanation is too complex

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

installation is stuck, explanation is too complex

1. installation is stuck, explanation is too complex - Similar Threads - installation stuck explanation

2. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  3. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  4. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New Task Manager Too Complex To Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Task Manager Too Complex To Use: So this is how the new Task Manager Looks like:It shows tons of information on almost all the processes that are running.Compared to the old Task Manager, which looks like this:It's easier to look at as it only shows the programs with active windows or minimized on...
  6. New Task Manager Too Complex To Use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Task Manager Too Complex To Use: So this is how the new Task Manager Looks like:It shows tons of information on almost all the processes that are running.Compared to the old Task Manager, which looks like this:is easier to look at as it only shows the programs with active windows or minimized on...
  7. very bad explanation - help with remembering key too press

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    very bad explanation - help with remembering key too press: what is the key that you press to see a certain word. it pops up in the top right, you type somthing, and then it highlights it in the text, don't know how else to explain it submitted by /u/tbonecrunch [link] [comments]...
  8. Lumia 650 stuck on explanation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lumia 650 stuck on explanation mark: Everytime I turn my phone on the phone will display the Microsoft logo and then a big exclamation mark symbol and then turn itself off and back on again and this repeats itself over and over....
  9. Is Windows Just too complex?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Windows Just too complex?: Here's a piece I find illuminating. The Coming Software Apocalypse - The Atlantic - Pocket 134984
  10. Windows 10 Update Study: too complex and not enough control

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update Study: too complex and not enough control: How are updates perceived by users of Windows 10 Home? A new study, "In Control with no Control: Perceptions and Reality of Windows 10 Home Edition Update Features" by a group of researchers from University College London suggests that updates are complex and that many users...