Windows 10: Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives

Discus and support Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jk22, Feb 17, 2016.

1. jk22 Win User

Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives

Hey guys,

I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver.

How to fix it ?

Regards.

:)

2. MICROSOFT SUPPORT

Error message We couldn’t update system reserved partition occurs when system reserve partition may be full. The
    System Reserve Partition (SRP) is a small partition on your hard drive that stores boot information for Windows. Some third-party anti-virus and security apps write to the SRP, and can fill it up. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that
    you follow the given steps on this article:
    “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Not able to install the MagicJack application on the Windows 10 device.

Hi,

As the application couldn’t get installed properly even after the compatibility mode I suggest you to contact the MagicJack support and check about the issue.

Reply us if you need any further assistance on Windows 10 we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 17, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

From that screen what do you get if you press Shift + F10 to get a command prompt and then type diskpart <enter>, list disk <enter>?

5. jk22 Win User
    I get Disk 0 and with correct size of harddisk.

6. lx07 Win User
    Is it gpt? It will have a star in the Gpt column like this if it is Code: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 113 GB 128 MB *[/quote]

7. jk22 Win User
    [/quote] Its MBR.

8. lx07 Win User

Do you want to wipe the whole disk and do clean install?

If so in diskpart:

SELECT DISK 0
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1
    FORMAT FS=NTFS
    ACTIVE
    EXIT

You may have to reboot and restart the installation but that should work.

9. jk22 Win User
    Do you want me to convert into GPT also ?

10. lx07 Win User
    No - I'm assuming your T400 doesn't support UEFI. My x201 doesn't and is similar vintage.

You could check in your BIOS but if you don't have the option to turn on UEFI in BIOS then you want MBR not GPT.

11. Porthos Win User
    Are you booting from USB? Are you using a 2.0 or a 3.0 stick? Sometimes 3.0 sticks will cause that.

Porthos, Feb 18, 2016
  12. jk22 Win User
    Yes you are right.

I am using USB 2.0.

Now there is another error:

A media driver your computer needs is missing.

13. lx07 Win User

14. jk22 Win User
    I used Windows 7 DVD Download Tool and its good and worked before because rufus sometimes corrupt setup for me.

I think its because of SATA Drivers can you guide me how to install it and which files.

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    It's more than likely a problem with the USB. If it were me, I would use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to directly create the installation USB:
    Windows 10

Blue box "Download Tool Now". Select "Create installation media for another computer". Uncheck the "Use recommended options for this PC". Then select your language (probably English (United States)), Edition (probably just Windows 10), and bit level. Then the USB Flash Drive Option.

NavyLCDR, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives - Similar Threads - Installation issue couldn’t

2. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows: Hi, I have an Asus laptop that I have forgotten the windows 10 login password. I wanna erase and format the hard drive and install a new windows. But when I try to run the installation through usb memory, I do not see any hard drive. I tried diskpart, and I only see a 14GB...
  3. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows: Hi, I have an Asus laptop that I have forgotten the windows 10 login password. I wanna erase and format the hard drive and install a new windows. But when I try to run the installation through usb memory, I do not see any hard drive. I tried diskpart, and I only see a 14GB...
  4. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  6. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  7. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Installation Issue - "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Issue - "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver,...: Hello, all! I recently purchased parts to build a new computer from scratch parts list below, but now that it's time to install Windows 10, I'm having an issue. The installer starts up and gives me the option to pick my language and begin the installation, to put in a...
  9. We couldn’t find any drives while installing Windows

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t find any drives while installing Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to install Windows in VirtualBox virtual machine, but you see an error message We couldn’t find any drives, To get a storage driver, click Load driver, then this post will help you fix that problem. This [...] This post We couldn’t find any...
  10. We couldn't find any drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't find any drives.: So i just built a brand new pc. However, when trying to install windows 10 i ran into an error where it could not detect any drives. I tried using opening command prompt and using diskpart and then list disk to see if it can detect it at all. I noticed that it found it but it...