Windows 10: Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c

Discus and support Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently decided to sacrifice the OEM XP on this mini laptop and found it quite easy and relatively successful except for some minor hiccups: 1. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TopGeek, May 30, 2015.

1. TopGeek Win User

Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c

I recently decided to sacrifice the OEM XP on this mini laptop and found it quite easy and relatively successful except for some minor hiccups:
    1. The video controller driver appears to be missing so I don't get the Start screen nor the Charms. On the Intel downloads site I found a Win 7 driver for the 82945 GM chipset but when I try to install it, I'm told that a later version is already installed. This is a bit strange as Device Manage says 'No video controller installed'.
    2. Initially, I had a continuous loop of repeated 'DPC_Watchdog_violation' messages that I found were initiated by the touchpad mouse. After connecting a USB mouse and making sure not to touch the touchpad, all now seems stable. If I accidentally touch the pad, the system immediately crashes into the loop.
    3. Windows update seems to handle most updates well but constantly fails when attempting automatic install of Build 10122.

Any comments on these issues would be appreciated.

:)

TopGeek, May 30, 2015
  2. tenpigs Win User

Pair BH-214 to multiple devices

Hi I have a similar problem.

I have the headset working fine with my Nokia X6 but would like to also pair it yp with my compaq mini 110c netbook. When I tried, first it tried to install drivers, and failed.

Now sometimes it shows the device then says there was a passcode error, but the installation didnt ask for a passcode, and other times when I try to pair it nothing shows in the visible devices list on my netbook.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c :)

tenpigs, May 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation - after clean install from Tech preview build 10074

I was part of the windows Insider program. I had installed Windows 10 Tech preview on my Dell XPS laptop that had previously had Windows 8.1 installed on it. The product key for the windows 8 installation was part of the UEFI settings (ie installed on
    the motherboard).

I had the Windows Tech preview build 10074 installed on my PC. For some reason it was corrupted and was not able to be upgraded past build 10074. I attempted to roll back to Windows 8 but had no success as I did not have the correct install media and the rollback
    option was not working.

I ended up installing a fresh version of Windows 10, it seemed like my only option to get past the preview build 10074. Now I am being prompted for a product key for Windows 10 even though it should be a free upgrade from Windows 8.1. Given the tech preview
    build 10074 did not let me use the normal upgrade path, how do I get my product activated ?

I have contacted 2 different Microsoft Helpdesk staff and they have been of no help. They tell me that I need to purchase a product key. I am only in this position due to the corrupted 10074 build that prevented me form using the normal upgrade path. I am not
    so keen on spending $300 on a product key.

KevKennedy, May 30, 2015
  4. TopGeek Win User

Surely someone can tell me why the video driver installation behaves the way it does.

TopGeek, Jun 6, 2015
  5. TopGeek Win User
    Well, here's a new twist. Today, I got a series of automatic updates that included a new driver for the Intel 945 chipset and now I no longer have any problems showing in Device Manager. On the other hand, I haven't yet observed any difference in the display.

TopGeek, Jun 9, 2015
  6. TopGeek Win User
    Even though I seem to be talking to myself, I might as well continue with this story for the benefit of anyone else who's thinking of putting Win 10 on this notebook,
    Build 10074 seems to be working reasonably well but responses are a little slow and I guess this will get worse as more apps are added. The latest snag is that the screen resolution is limited to 1024 x 576 so that will restrict access to the Windows store and some apps. In all probability, I will have to abandon this project, which is a pity because the device is only 3 years old and it doesn't seem fair to have to scrap it already.

TopGeek, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    the device is only 3 years old and came with XP ??

there is no charms bar or start screen in 10

Start menu now shows the apps - unless you decide to use tablet mode..

which fail to work properly (for me) in 145

8. TopGeek Win User

I guess I got the end of stock. It's a nice little machine and I was hoping I could revive it with Win 10 but it seems likely there are too many limitations for it to meet all of my functional needs. I now realise that there are no charms and no start screen.
    I haven't tried tablet mode as I assumed that would require a touch-sensitive screen.
    For purely academic reasons, I will continue playing with 10TP but I could well be wasting my time. If nothing else, it should be useful experience prior to my two 8.1 machines being upgraded to the RTM version.

TopGeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c - Similar Threads - Installation Build 10074

2. Build 10074 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10074 Wallpaper: Hi Guys Looking to see if anyone can pass on the wallpaper from Build 10074 Gallery: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 Been searching for it, but unfortunately cannot locate it at all. Thanks for your help. 12136
  3. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  4. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  5. Build 10074 not working as should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10074 not working as should: hi guys, my network and/or homegroup no longer work. After searching and trying to fix this (a couple of hours) i gave up, gave feedback to MS and returnde to Build 10061. Hate to do a fresh install, although i have burned the ISO. So i guess i have to wait for a...
  6. New install of build 10074 failed: system_thread_exception_not_handled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New install of build 10074 failed: system_thread_exception_not_handled: I was running 10049 on my laptop as a KVM guest. I hadn't gotten to see Spartan/Edge, so I wanted to upgrade. Windows update failed to install 10074, so I figured I'd just download the iso and install on a new VM. Unfortunately, I get the error...
  7. Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install

Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 with my work laptop running Win 8.1. Every time I try to install it, I get to the settings portion of the install and I just choose "Express settings" and after that it says "Just a moment..." with a spinning circle of dots, but never does...
  8. Cant Update to Build 10074

Cant Update to Build 10074: I tried updating to the latest build but when my computer restarts and turns back on, it gave me this error. 0xc1900101 - 0x30018 Here's a picture. Imgur 5803
  9. Upgrade to build 10074 fails

Upgrade to build 10074 fails: When I try to upgrade to build 10074 I get a failure message that reads • fbl_impressive Professional 10074 - Error 0xc1900107. I have tried Google and Bing but can't find a fix. Help! 5740
  10. just about to clean install from build 10074

just about to clean install from build 10074: I am just about to clean install from build 10074. I assume that it will update to the latest build once installed. I was wondering if I need to install drivers and wot not before upgrading via WU or do that after the upgrade to 10130 is compete. 6445