Windows 10: Installation of Consumer Preview Build

Discus and support Installation of Consumer Preview Build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just recently put an extra SSD on my PC and installed Build 9879. It is not working so well on my rig but I understand why. I'm not here to talk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gzt7d8, Jan 5, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

Installation of Consumer Preview Build

I just recently put an extra SSD on my PC and installed Build 9879. It is not working so well on my rig but I understand why. I'm not here to talk about the current issues but rather how Microsoft will deliver the Consumer Preview Build in a couple of weeks.

I have seen in my PC Settings the Update and Recovery > Preview Builds and I have currently left it alone at Slow.

So will the new CP build come down through that channel or will they recommend to download an ISO and do a clean install? Or will it be a combination?

What your recommendations? Thanks!

:)

gzt7d8, Jan 5, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

constant ip traffic attempts to register.mesh.com

So you are on an Insider build. You posted in standard Windows 10 I thought you were talking about the consumer build.

There may well be more traffic on the Insider Preview as MS collects data from your PC. This is all part of the preview process.

neilpzz, Jan 5, 2015
  3. Installation of new preview build in old Lumia 640 XL

I am using Lumia 640XL, with internal storage of 8GB (~7.28GB). The distribution of the used storage is as given below :

>>system & reserved = 4.76GB

>>Apps & games = 574MB (none of the app can be removed or shifted to SD card ~build in apps like groove, mail etc)

>>Temporary file (~pending update and preview builds) = 977MB

Therefore, total memory in use is 6.29GB, and it is the minimum space required by the phone in internal storage. Leaving only 0.99GB of free space.

Now, as a new build became available I tried to download it but it says it requires at least 1.23GB of space, which is sadly not even an option for me any more!

please let me know if their is any way to increase my internal storage unused space or even any other solution, so that i can install new build as it releases

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sohagbaral, Jan 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 5, 2015
  5. ghstrdr Win User
    Brink................will the CP come to both slow and fast, or should we have it set to fast as the time comes???

ghstrdr, Jan 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey there,

This time it should be coming through Windows Update instead.

However, I would still recommend to set it to "Fast" below to make sure you get it immediately when released if it needs something from this route first.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...10-builds.html

Brink, Jan 5, 2015
  7. gzt7d8 Win User
    gzt7d8, Jan 6, 2015
  8. Installation of Consumer Preview Build

The next release is still considered part of the Technical Preview, right?
    Or has MS moved into the next phase Consumer Preview.

I know the Insider program states 15 April 2015 as the end of TP, just curious about the title and that no one explicitly said Technical Preview.

Thought I might have missed something *Wink

Slartybart, Jan 7, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Currently, it's just rumors that it will be the consumer preview. We shall see.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation of Consumer Preview Build - Similar Threads - Installation Consumer Preview

2. preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  3. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  4. Choose how preview builds are installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choose how preview builds are installed: Everytime I go to advanced options under settings - Update and Security and set the box under "Getting builds faster means you’ll see new things sooner. Getting builds slower could mean more solutions are available for issues." to Fast, it reverts to Slow, so the next time I...
  5. Hamachi and preview builds

Hamachi and preview builds: Seems like every preview build completely resets the networking components. So after a installing 10565 build, I had to uninstall / reinstall logmein hamachi to get it to work again. Funny thing, the disk cleanup tool could not completely remove the windows.old folder...
  6. Windows Preview build .. ?

Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939
  7. Unable to Preview Builds

Unable to Preview Builds: Going through the process to Preview Builds - get error: Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0x80248014 Ideas? Regards, 2573
  8. How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?

How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?: If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications? P.S. I already tried it with an iso Windows 10 Pro x64 Pt-Br (14393.0) The option to keep things was not...
  9. Can all Windows 7 users install the Consumer Preview?

Can all Windows 7 users install the Consumer Preview?: Can all Windows 7 users install the Windows 10 Consumer Preview? 3696
  10. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...