Windows 10: Installation of non Microsoft Skype

Discus and support Installation of non Microsoft Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A friend of mine is not pc savvy, a friend screwed up his skype. We have been trying to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with asking for his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Jul 19, 2018.

1. elbmek Win User

Installation of non Microsoft Skype

A friend of mine is not pc savvy, a friend screwed up his skype. We have been trying to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with asking for his microsoft account which he has long forgotten. I even went 'down the tubes' to look at his pc.

Bearing in mind he knows very little, I am looking for a none microsoft skype download that does not get interfered with requests for MS accounts and an idiots guide to install this on a pc so that it installs what he used to have.

I have sent him several lniks, including links for older versions, all of which butt in with MS. Surely there is a MS free copy out there somewhere???

I have had skype on mine for years and its MS free. He does not want the MS version as it bombards him with ads

:)

elbmek, Jul 19, 2018

2. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Jul 19, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Just a suggestion... Do you have Microsoft Office installed? If you do Skype for Business is listed under your Microsoft Office folder in your start folder/ All apps. (that's where mine is listed) Right click on it, then choose Uninstall .

You Can install the regular Skype even if Skype for Business is installed.....I have both installed.

OldMike65, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation of non Microsoft Skype - Similar Threads - Installation non Microsoft

2. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  3. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  4. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install non microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install non microsoft apps: Trying to install a flash emulator called Newgrounds_Player. Install takes me to a screen that says I need to update Microsoft Store. There's also an option to install apps outside of Microsoft Store. I click that and it opens Microsoft Store on a screen that says I am...
  6. Non riesco a sentire nient'altro apparte Skype!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non riesco a sentire nient'altro apparte Skype!: E' da qualche settimana che uso skype e ho sempre riscontrato questo problema: Essendo un videogiocatore uso skype per parlare con il mio team, ma quando sono in chiamata sento solo le loro voci e il resto beatamente niente. Come posso risolvere? Grazie in anticipo...
  7. Windows 10 very slow/non responding when using skype calls through Skype Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very slow/non responding when using skype calls through Skype Application: Hi, When I connect to Skype meeting through my Skype Desktop Application, windows 10 slows down extremely to the point that even a cursor movement takes lot of time and unable to switch between tabs or opened applications. Every other action and application response slows...
  8. skype keeps installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype keeps installing: I have uninstalled skype probably 4 times and every time I boot up it is back. What is going on? How do I prevent it from installing without permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-keeps-installing/e620194e-e273-4655-a051-0bf6b7db4686
  9. Unable to install skype

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install skype: problem with the installation of skype https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unable-to-install-skype/e07d967a-1689-430e-83d3-289c5254597f"
  10. Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account.

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting relevant Microsoft support - re. a non-MS Skype account.: I'm in a situation where Microsoft support has me in a loop! I have a longstanding Skype account on my VOIP phone, which has no password, and nothing on the phone to tell me anything other than the Skype username. Many overseas friends use this connection. The phone links...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. non microsoft skype