Windows 10: Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying?

Discus and support Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update shows as kb3035583 installed but Windows 10 Pro update shows as failed around 6 times. Reading some of the threads and seeing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trapper, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Trapper Win User

Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying?

Windows Update shows as kb3035583 installed but Windows 10 Pro update shows as failed around 6 times. Reading some of the threads and seeing the problems I wish to stop the attempted 10 Pro download from running until I am sure I want to proceed. I have some old programs running in a virtual drive within my Win 7 Pro 64bit and also running MS Money 2005 which is something I cannot afford to lose!

How can I stop Windows Update trying to download W10?

:)

Trapper, Aug 1, 2015

2. windows 10 still trying to install blocks updates

I have reverted back to w8.1 from 10 to run software.

W10 is trying to install and to block it I have had to stop all updates

How can I delete W10 to allow all other updates to install?

NewtonChilds, Aug 1, 2015
  3. JoeKoppel Win User
    How do I get W10 to stop trying to install and get it out of my task tray?

I have seen many problems with W10 and have decided to not install it or at least wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out.

So how do I get W10 out of my task tray and how do I stop WUpdate from trying to install it?

JoeKoppel, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying?

1. Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying? - Similar Threads - Installation W10 failed

2. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  3. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  4. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Failed W10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed W10 Install: Ok ... purchased the W10 Home from the Microsoft Store yesterday Nov 3 2020 to update my W7 machine. Received the email with the key and the install link. When I purchased on the phone and asked about whether a 64bit install was included and was told that I would be...
  6. How to stop WU from trying to install 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop WU from trying to install 1803: Hello everyone,,, One out of five computers has failed to install 1803 for months. I have tried everything suggested to get it installed with no success. At this point I want to stop it from trying again. I remember someone posting a way to stop a sepcific update from trying...
  7. How to stop WU from trying to install 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop WU from trying to install 1803: One out of five computers has failed to install 1803 for months. I have tried everything suggested to get it installed with no success. At this point I want to stop it from trying again. I remember someone posting a way to stop a sepcific update from trying to be installed,...
  8. Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  9. Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  10. How to interpret setupact.log and setuperr.log from failed W10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to interpret setupact.log and setuperr.log from failed W10 install: Are there any tools that help pinpoint the real errors as opposed to all the "noise". My setuperr file is "only" 65KB but the setupact file is, and I'm not making this up, 32,866 KB. Is a setupact file that big a "good thing" or a "really, really bad thing?" I'm asking...