Windows 10: Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build

Discus and support Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ugh. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a brand new PC I just built; part list below. I boot from the W10 flash drive after entering BIOS setup, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LADrone415, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build

Ugh. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a brand new PC I just built; part list below.
    I boot from the W10 flash drive after entering BIOS setup, and I'm taken to a screen that says "Loading Files" with a load bar. Once the loading bar fills, the screen goes blank, and stays blank. I can't figure it out. I know a lot of people have had trouble installing W10 and getting a blank screen, but I haven't come across any advice for a brand new build.
    Part Component CPU Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Rosewill - RCX-Z775-LP 33.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard MSI - B250M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" SSD Graphics EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 PSU SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer Network Adaptor TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

:)

LADrone415, Jun 9, 2017
  2. aganadur Win User

restart after windows 10 logo

Hi

i recently build new pc and use my old hdd which have win 10 installed in it (belong to my old pc)

when i press power button mobo logo appeared then win 10 logo appeared after that a blank screen for 10 second then restart and work well

i didnt update my windows is this problem relate to it ? Or should i install windows again?

aganadur, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 install

If i download the free windows 10 version on
    microsoft web page
    can i install it on my new build pc. Simply is it possible to download the free version Windows 10 64bit and then install it on a blank builded pc without any problem or do i need to buy a windows 10 oem? for my build pc?

Lewi Adege, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build

Hi LADrone415. Welcome to the TenForums at @LADrone415.

Here is our tutorial on doing a clean install. Not sure how you created your media but may I suggest you use the media creation tool from MS

Mind the tips in the tutorial, you need to disable secure boot and fast boot in BIOS.

Clean Install Windows 10

You only listed one storage drive however if you have a "Data" drive please disconnect for installation.

Not sure how you initialized windows drive but assuming your machine boots UEFI it should be GPT.

Assuming your SSD has no required data on it and you are booting UEFI

When the first screen comes up press shift + F10. In the command window that opens run the following commands. This will erase (clean) the entire hard drive

diskpart
    List disk
    select disk 0 (assuming disk zero is where you want windows)
    clean
    Convert gpt (only if you are booting UEFI)
    exit
    exit

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    What did you use to create the Windows 10 flash drive with?

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build

1. Installation Problem - Blank Screen on New PC Build - Similar Threads - Installation Problem Blank

2. New Pc Installing windows and get a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Pc Installing windows and get a blank blue screen: I have recently made a pc and put it together about a week ago, I followed the instructions to make a bootable USB and I attempted to download windows onto it but every time I tried the Windows screen would appear and 30s later a blank blue screen would appear then it would...
  3. New Pc Installing windows and get a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Pc Installing windows and get a blank blue screen: I have recently made a pc and put it together about a week ago, I followed the instructions to make a bootable USB and I attempted to download windows onto it but every time I tried the Windows screen would appear and 30s later a blank blue screen would appear then it would...
  4. New Pc Installing windows and get a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build: I built my first PC and when it came time to install windows 11 I ran into a problem and want to know if there's something I'm missing that I need to do. Microsoft is requiring you to connect to the internet during install with no skip option. However, I'm using a Asus...
  6. Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build: I built my first PC and when it came time to install windows 11 I ran into a problem and want to know if there's something I'm missing that I need to do. Microsoft is requiring you to connect to the internet during install with no skip option. However, I'm using a Asus...
  7. Blank screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen problem: Yesterday, I was using my laptop and it was working perfectly. But suddenly it hanged and I removed it's battery to restart it. As it restarted, it doesn't show me acer logo nor windows logo, just a blank screen. I thought it is over with the laptop, but I heard windows...
  8. Problems installing windows on a new pc build

Problems installing windows on a new pc build: Hey everyone, I just build a new pc and i admit its been 15 years ago sinds my last build so i might get stuck on something simple. The build includes: Asrock extreme 4 B550 main board AMD 5950x Dark power pro 11 850w Corsair vengeance lpx 3600mhz 2x 32mb ddr4...
  9. Installing OS on a new PC Build

Installing OS on a new PC Build: Recently I’ve ordered pc parts to make a custom pc build and I have been struggling to find a way to install Win10 on it once I build it. I don’t have another computer to install a .iso file on a usb so I am pretty much clueless on how to install Win10. I tried researching...
  10. New build - windows installation problem

New build - windows installation problem: Hello, here are the system specs for a computer i just put together. MB - Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Latest Bios version - f50 APU - AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Purchased Windows 10 USB thumb drive The Gigabyte BIOS is recognizing the APU, RAM, SSD, and the thumb drive. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. b450m pro-vhd ms7a38 wont restart