Windows 10: Installation Problems and questions

Discus and support Installation Problems and questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Suppose I have created several partitions on my internal drive by using a answer file, now I would like to have some apps installed on those particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Mar 25, 2018.

1. RBCC Win User

Installation Problems and questions

Suppose I have created several partitions on my internal drive by using a answer file, now I would like to have some apps installed on those particular partitions. Do I install them right after I put windows on my reference machine or do I figure out the particular switch such as the next few lines ?

my runonce.bat file:
    @ECHO OFF
    :START

md D:\APPS\MUSIC\PLAYER
    md D:\apps\video\vlc
    md E:\Utils\cleaners\crap
    md E:\Utils\UNINSTALLER\IOBIT
    md E:\Utils\HD\Defrag\
    md E:\UTILS\FILE\COPYIERS\
    md E:\utils\antiVirus\avast
    md E:\utils\AntiMalware\MBAM
    md E:\utils\Spyware\SpyBot
    md E:\utils\Spyware\SuperAntiSpyware
    md D:\APPS\Internet\browsers\firefox
    avast_free_antivirus_setup_offline.exe /DIR="E:\UTILS\ANTIVIRUS\AVAST" /VERYSILENT /NO RESTART
    iview451_x64_setup.EXE /SILENT /FOLDER="D:\APPS\GRAPHICS\IVEIW"
    mb3-setup-consumer-3.4.4.2398-1.0.322-1.0.4470 /register: 4P7B-MGPB-4GVD-3RN7 /DEFAULTDIRNAME=E:\utils\AntiMalware\MBAM
    winamp5666_full_all.EXE D:\APPS\MUSIC\PLAYER /S
    vlc-3.0.1-win64.EXE /QUIET /S /D=D:\apps\video\vlc
    spybot-2.4.exe /DIR="x:\dirname" /VERYSILENT
    setup.exe /D=D:\APPS\Internet\Browsers\Firefox /S
    ccsetup541.exe /S /E:\UTILS\CLEANER\CRAP
    chkdks c:/f/r
    chkdsk c:/f/r
    :END

where do I tell windows where to look for the runonce file? John

:)

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Mar 25, 2018
  3. E71 problems and Questions

i checked this, but the only options i have are Default, "my email", and Nokia Message Center email. Nothing wil let me go to sms by default. Thanks.

vettegofast, Mar 25, 2018
  4. RBCC Win User

If a picture is worth a 1000 word I thought this picture would help. In this picture it shows the WSIM and 2 arrows , `I am to do what the second one says to do, to run a file called disk maint and apps.cmd using these commands is this possible? What do I put in there?? John*Think*Cool*Shock

RBCC, Apr 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation Problems and questions - Similar Threads - Installation Problems questions

2. Security questions problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security questions problem: My computer had a problem, repaired it I hope, and I entered my password. Took me to security questions, I answered them correctly but it blinked once and only returned to displaying Qs and As. Tried disconnecting peripherals and then power but problem recurs. Can't reset...
  3. Security questions problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security questions problem: My computer had a problem, repaired it I hope, and I entered my password. Took me to security questions, I answered them correctly but it blinked once and only returned to displaying Qs and As. Tried disconnecting peripherals and then power but problem recurs. Can't reset...
  4. Installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation question: I currently have Windows 7 home and want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I have a pro product key and just installed the media creation tool onto a USB stick. When I open the media creation tool, I get asked this: There's no 10 Pro option offered on the drop down menu. Does the...
  5. No question. Same problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No question. Same problem!: I'm really sorry I missed the beginning of this. I have a big log to add to this fire. (actually, I have several logs where Win10 and Microsoft are concerned but not all of them would be appropriate here. Suffice it to say that this particular issue has become a very large...
  6. No question. Same problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No question. Same problem!: I'm really sorry I missed the beginning of this. I have a big log to add to this fire. (actually, I have several logs where Win10 and Microsoft are concerned but not all of them would be appropriate here. Suffice it to say that this particular issue has become a very large...
  7. Edge problem question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge problem question: Sometimes I am want to listen to BBC 2 or BBC Surrey radio on the net ...that is no problem when using IE as I could minimize the site and open another page to read the news or go to facebook etc...but with Edge I find that if I open a page and go to the BBC 2 Website and...
  8. Not a problem. Just a question.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not a problem. Just a question.: If I created a shortcut on desktop and later decided to Drag/Drop it to a folder in my ext. hdd, I would get a message asking for confirmation.............................. [img] Question : What's wrong without its properties ? 43789
  9. Question on installing.

Question on installing.: I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. My son has an old computer he wants to put it on. Right now, all I remember its and old msi motherboard with a Q2200 cpu. The gpu is an obsolete AMD board. As soon as I can get this up and running, I hope to find all the components, upgrade...
  10. Installation Problems - General Questions

Installation Problems - General Questions: As the procedures are similar for 7, 8, and 10 can anyone advise me: I used MKLINK /J c:\users ACCOUNT name d:\users\account name and things appeared to be alright until I re-booted the computer and found that I was put into a "temporary account." I can't get out. Any...