Windows 10: "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...

Discus and support "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" happening while I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ray Abel, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ray Abel Win User

"Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...

Why is "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" happening while I am trying to use my computer. The updates can happen the 14 - 16 hours that I am NOT using my computer! It stops me from using my computer for 20 minutes or so!!!!!! Since I NEVER turn my PC off or let it go to sleep, It has 14+ hours every day to do anything it wants.

I HAVE to use it for 10 hours a day!

STOP UPDATING WHILE I AM USING IT!!!!

:)

Ray Abel, Jul 10, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 10, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 10, 2018
  4. niko084 Win User

"Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening... - Similar Threads - Installation Started has

2. 0x8024F001 starts when installing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8024F001 starts when installing updates: Downloading updates doesnt have problem however when it goes to the part that it will install I will receive this error code. Doesnt Microsoft already fix this issue ? Why it is always happening to people?...
  3. Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have lost my start menu. A computer repair person informed me this is a common problem and I need to revert back to the previous Windows 10. I have no idea how to do this but he will charge £69 to sort it out for me. I am not prepared to pay...
  4. Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu has gone following Windows 11 update: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have lost my start menu. A computer repair person informed me this is a common problem and I need to revert back to the previous Windows 10. I have no idea how to do this but he will charge £69 to sort it out for me. I am not prepared to pay...
  5. Windows 10 installer starting over again following reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installer starting over again following reboot: So I decided to reset and reinstall windows 10 on my laptop since it got really slow. I've been trying to do this using a USB. I prioritized the boot of the USB so it would run the installer However every time the installer reaches 100% in the "Getting files ready for...
  6. Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started: Split from this thread. Sir recently i have downloaded windows 10 update version 1909 but its installation have not started yet please help me in this...
  7. Unable to Start Tablet following Attempt to Install Windows 10

Unable to Start Tablet following Attempt to Install Windows 10: Hi - Please can you help me? I ran a scan and tried to free up space on my tablet - it was then removing out of date drivers etc. I now can not get the tablet started. It does switch on but will not start. The Auto Repair does not solve it. Nor do any of the Advanced...
  8. Windows installation not starting

Windows installation not starting: Hello, I am running into a very frustrating issue. Whenever I try to install Windows 10 on my new X570 Aorus Elite it gives me one of two errors: 0xc0000005 or Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. My system: Aorus X570 Elite...
  9. Windows installer not starting

Windows installer not starting: I cannot install windows 10 updates or any program using the windows installer. I get 0x80070641 on windows update. Winver Home1803 64 bit. I have tried a number of solutions available on the web with no luck. One youtube video indicated the file msiexec.exe may be corrupt....
  10. Windows update is downloaded but the install is not starting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is downloaded but the install is not starting: I have two updates ready, but why are they not going forth with installation? I'm concerned because I think the one deals with my ability to decided if I want that new version to install when it comes through so I want to get it installed since I read that the new version had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 9nblggh6j6vk-828b5831.hiddencitymysteryofshadows

2. Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: 9NBLGGH6J6VK-828B5831.HiddenCityMysteryofShadows