Windows 10: Installation starts from the beggining

Discus and support Installation starts from the beggining in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning: I used the Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 Pro on a machine via USB. All goes fine, except that when the Installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Biokats, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Biokats Win User

Installation starts from the beggining

Good morning:

I used the Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 Pro on a machine via USB.

All goes fine, except that when the Installation restarts after Copying Windows Files, and Copyng Installation files.

Then the setup shows again the fist installation screen again, like nothing happened, but there are already partitions on the hard disk, but nothing happens.

I've tryed to change the USB pendrive by using again Media Creation Tool on another pendrive, and is the same result.

What is going on?, Please help me! Does anybody have passed for the same "loop"?

I've installed after that Windows 7 with the Media Creation Tool via USB and it has not the same error.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Biokats, Sep 29, 2016
  2. p4pe Win User

N8 & Ovi store

I have remembered something. Maybe the problem is, because i've uninstalled Ovi Store Installer from Installed Application, which was there from the beggining? I uninstalled it because I thought it is just an installer for Ovi store and that the phone has
    no use from it.

3. ElgarVX Win User
    I can't open powershell on windows 10 x64 because there is DisallowRun registry block powershell

it is ok to set it to "disabled"? because from beggining it is "not configured" and that work like a charm..

ElgarVX, Sep 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, are you deleting unwanted partitions before the install proceeds?
    Ideally you will have one large unallocated space on your disk - large enough for the set of Windows partitions.
    If you do not have enough space on the target disk, but have space on other disks, Windows can put partitions on those other disks. That is undesirable.

You may find it easier to use a bootable partition tool such as Minitool Partition Wizard (free).

dalchina, Sep 29, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Reboot your PC without the USB stick, windows installation will proceed as normal ie. starting to install drivers etc...

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2016
  6. Biokats Win User
    Hi Dalchina, I removed the partitions even using diskpart via Recovery Options and then in the Command Line, There were not any partition in the installation process.

I wanted to have 2 partitions, one for system and another for data, I've only formated the first one wich goes after the system partition wich is 500MB large. I didn't know if it could have made the difference.

Biokats, Sep 29, 2016
  7. Biokats Win User
    Many thanks topgundcp

This was actually the solution, I've only removed the USB stick, and then the installation proceed as normal, as you suggested.

I have never had this problem before. I have done many Windows installations via USB stick in numerous computers, even more in this one wich presented the problem.

Maybe is the new Windows installer in this "Anniversary Edition" of Windows 10, but I don't like to remove the USB every time I reinstall the system.

My BIOS is not configured to boot onto USB HDD or anything like that; primary hard disk drive is the default option on my BIOS.

Who knows what happened!?

Biokats, Sep 29, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Great- I wouldn't have expected that- but hey, I've only done a couple of installations using a DVD.. and a few in-place upgrades.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation starts from the beggining - Similar Threads - Installation starts beggining

2. Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM: Hello,I found my old Need For Speed Underground 2 CD, and i wanted to install it onto my new PC. The problem is when I place the NFSU2 CD in my CD-Reader RW Drive the system starts to read it but then it sudenly stops, and if I want to open RW-Drive my windows freezes and I...
  3. Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start the installation from CD-ROM: Hello,I found my old Need For Speed Underground 2 CD, and i wanted to install it onto my new PC. The problem is when I place the NFSU2 CD in my CD-Reader RW Drive the system starts to read it but then it sudenly stops, and if I want to open RW-Drive my windows freezes and I...
  4. Starting from scratch with Windows 10 - clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Starting from scratch with Windows 10 - clean install: On my current Windows 10 Pro, there are way too many BSOD's always with the same errorPAGE_FAULT-IN_NON-PAGED_AREAI have not attached any new devices or installed any new software and suggested steps to resolve the issue do not solve the problem. The blue screen gives me a...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...: Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place.1. When writing text jumps to the beggining of phrase, crazy2. Triying to write something on the browser, almost impossible.3. In Excel it moves up and down on rows.I have followed all the recomendations on the microsoft side and...
  6. Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting: So, this issue started two days ago after the Windows installed "2021-05 Cumulative for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173". Since then, I am not able to run any app installed through Microsoft Store. The search bar is also completely unresponsive, so is...
  7. begginers get confuse here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    begginers get confuse here: Looking for Nanny!! IT idiot here .. wat should I begin with ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/begginers-get-confuse-here/79a0f339-cbcc-4e68-ab86-77534e2ce166
  8. Windows 10 install from USB does not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install from USB does not start: My PC stopped restarting after a nightly update. So, I created a Windows 10 install media on a USB. I changed the boot order in BIOS by moving the USB HDD to the top. When I restart my PC (Samsung all-in-one), The Windows logo comes up and then I get a purple screen. Why...
  9. Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start: I'd like to do a fresh windows 10 installation but I noticed before that right away at the beginning windows 10 starts downloading/installing the drivers from microsoft servers. Is there a way to disable this from the start and just manually install the drivers. Win10 always...
  10. is it possible to start win10 from USB (without installing o.s.)?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to start win10 from USB (without installing o.s.)?: I created a bootable usb key with windows10 following this procedure. How to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media with UEFI support | Windows Central but when i turn on the pc, it lets me choose between installing win10 with or without keeping my files.. I thought...