Windows 10: Installation stuck at 'Restarting PC...'

Discus and support Installation stuck at 'Restarting PC...' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When upgrading to Windows 10 the system is stuck on this screen as seen in the image Screenshot This has been left for hours, several restarts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lm2606, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Lm2606 Win User

Installation stuck at 'Restarting PC...'

When upgrading to Windows 10 the system is stuck on this screen as seen in the image Screenshot

This has been left for hours, several restarts manually tried by myself.

:)

Lm2606, Jul 28, 2016

2. Installation Stuck at 64%! (Restarting Loop!!!)

Now is not the 32bit ISO file. I just need help on how to boot the laptop from the USB in the BIOS. Like I don't want to mess anything in the BIOS. I have a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive but I don't know how to boot it from the BIOS.

Living Chicken, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Installation Stuck at 64%! (Restarting Loop!!!)

Is there an optional way instead of the Windows media creation tool? Like maybe on the BIOS or safe mode? My only working computer is a 32bit Windows XP desktop. I need help with the ISO 32bit file. What does it actually do? I mean, what to do with it?

Living Chicken, Jul 28, 2016
  4. DavidY Win User

What happens when you try to restart?

Personally I would hold the power button down for several seconds until the machine switches off properly. Even if it seems to be shutting down, don't let go until the power clicks off. Then try starting again and hope it works.

DavidY, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Lm2606 Win User
    The image shows the window, this window will remain on in a loop. I can easily restart the computer but the same issue happens upon launch of Windows.

Lm2606, Jul 29, 2016
  6. DavidY Win User
    Do you get a login screen before that point?
    I would still try leaning on the power button to shut it down more forcefully than normal.

DavidY, Jul 29, 2016
  7. Lm2606 Win User
    I do not think you understand,
    I click start Windows 10 upgrade now then it asks me to confirm that it may take about 90minutes, I press upgrade now and that window is stuck on a loop. I can shut the machine down normally.

Lm2606, Jul 29, 2016
  8. DavidY Win User

Yes you're quite right - sorry I hadn't understood and thought the machine was restarting, but not letting you login.

You might try the Media Creation Tool (Option 1 here) to download windows itself first, before running the Upgrade.

It might give more information on what's going wrong, for one thing.

Do NOT accept the option to look for Updates - people have said elsewhere on here that the servers are struggling and you'll run out of time to get the free upgrade done.

DavidY, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Lm2606 Win User
    Unfortuantly the upgrade has expiered and there is no longer the oppertunity.

Lm2606, Jul 29, 2016
  10. DavidY Win User
    DavidY, Jul 29, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    There is still 9 hours left.

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2016
  12. Change the timezone on your laptop to Pacific Time and you'll get additional time. It added hours to my countdown timer.

love2learn, Jul 29, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Why not just set the date back a couple days and really give yourself a lot of extra time?

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2016
  14. If that works, sure. Timezone change worked for me.

love2learn, Jul 29, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well...would look at that. I manually set my date to 26 July, click refresh, and wallah!

Installation stuck at 'Restarting PC...' [​IMG]

So, according to your theory, the free upgrade will NEVER expire! Thank you for showing us that!

Now, as it so happens to be, I live about 1 hour directly north of Microsoft in a little town called Stanwood, WA. So, I'm pretty sure that when my date and time are set correctly and their countdown timer says 8 hours and 15 minutes, the free upgrade is going to expire in 8 hours and 15 minutes, even if I set my date to January 1, 1901.

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Installation stuck at 'Restarting PC...' - Similar Threads - Installation stuck 'Restarting

2. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  3. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  4. PC is stuck in a restart loop - trying to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck in a restart loop - trying to install windows 10: So I had an issue with my old pc, I spilled some au jus on my keyboard and the keyboard went crazy, next thing I know the screen started tearing and a green line showed up so I told the pc to shut down. It only had the option to update and restart or update and shut off, so I...
  5. PC is stuck in a restart loop - trying to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is stuck in a restart loop - trying to install windows 10: So I had an issue with my old pc, I spilled some au jus on my keyboard and the keyboard went crazy, next thing I know the screen started tearing and a green line showed up so I told the pc to shut down. It only had the option to update and restart or update and shut off, so I...
  6. PC is stuck in a restart loop - trying to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC Stuck and Restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck and Restarted: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎22-‎04-‎2022 12:22StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: efParameter 1: ffff8589fde83080Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  8. PC Stuck and Restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck and Restarted: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎22-‎04-‎2022 12:22StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: efParameter 1: ffff8589fde83080Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  9. PC Stuck and Restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. PC stuck on a loop of restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck on a loop of restarting: Everytime I shutdown and turn on or restart my PC, it says “getting windows ready, do not turn off your computer” then it fails and restarts and dea the same exact thing again. Is there any kind of fix to this? Because my PC takes over 30 minutes just to get to the login...