Windows 10: Installation throught Virtual Box

Discus and support Installation throught Virtual Box in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I just recently moved over to OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 and got Win 7 Professional installed currently on Virtual Box and was wondering if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jpolacko, Dec 11, 2016.

1. jpolacko Win User

Installation throught Virtual Box

Hey everyone, I just recently moved over to OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 and got Win 7 Professional installed currently on Virtual Box and was wondering if I could install Win 10 Home which I already activated on another HDD and still keep activation?

:)

jpolacko, Dec 11, 2016

2. virtual box

Hi Eliasdaes,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

The issue that you’ve posted is better suited in the TechNet Forums. Please post your query in the link for further assistance.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 11, 2016
  3. eliasdaes Win User
    virtual box

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when i try to install the operative system into the Virtual Box (xp) it gets a blue screen, i understand that maybe xp is not supported in W 10, im talking about oracle virtual box, however i have try making an iso
    disk and it just dont let me, is there anyway i can get and iso with W 10 operative system in it?. The virtual Box install ok. ty on advance any idea would help.

eliasdaes, Dec 11, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

The system will not be activated, based on the previous install, since the VM is treated as a separate computer.

pbcopter, Dec 11, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    It depends on type of 10 Home licence eg if retail, key can be used inside VM so long as not in use elsewhere.

cereberus, Dec 12, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

another possibility -- you can TRIAL W10 Enterprise for 30 days --that would also work in your VM. The drawback is you only get 30 days.

You could also get AFAIK an upgrade to W10 from your W7 licence -- would have to be the same version of W10 that you currently have for W7 -- Home-->Home PRO/Ultimate-->Pro.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installation throught Virtual Box - Similar Threads - Installation throught Virtual

2. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  3. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  4. Virtual Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  5. Virtual Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  6. Virtual box

Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4
  7. virtual box

virtual box: when i restart or turn of windows 10 i see that virtual box is starting in background. but i can not find any app named this . how can i uninstall this virtual box. i did not install this app....
  8. install .deb File in Virtual Box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install .deb File in Virtual Box?: How do I install the additional packages for the Virtualbox under Windows 10. .deb File in Virtual Box installieren?
  9. Virtual box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual box: Hello I am installing windows XP pro on my surface. The surface has Windows 10 pro. I am using Virtual box as I need winxp for a legacy software package that no longer supports newer versions of windows. Anyway, I have VB installed, win xp installed, however when I try...
  10. Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841: Hey all, so I'm trying to get virtual box to run ON this build 9841. The application seems to install fine, but when I got to start a VM I get an error "Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully". My vbox version is 4.3.16. I'm thinking it's not going to be...