Windows 10: Installation Windows 10

Discus and support Installation Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, On my desktop I installed Windows 10 Pro version 1804. I have the impression that it is not quite OK. Can you tell me what happens when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by loover1, May 22, 2018.

1. loover1 Win User

Installation Windows 10

Hello,

On my desktop I installed Windows 10 Pro version 1804. I have the impression that it is not quite OK.
    Can you tell me what happens when I install Windows 10 Pro with another product code (which I have) : does this replace the "old" W10, do I lose my other installed software, passwords, settings and/or bookmarks ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Best regards.

:)

loover1, May 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 install error: FAT_FILE_SYSTEM

Hi Harold,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed Windows 10 operating system on your device?
    • When exactly you get this error message?

If you are Windows 10, I suggest you to perform an automatic repair on your system by following steps suggested by me on January 20, 2016 and check if it helps.

Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2018
  3. Big problems with Windows 10 after installation.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated display driver or come file are corrupt. For now do not re-install Windows 10, try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Step 1. Update the display driver.

I would suggest you to update Display driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
    • Locate for Display Adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the adaptor and click on update.
    Step 2. (Unspecified error 0x8000ffff),

For the issue error 0x8000ffff, I suggest you to check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer or not.
    To check for the same follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type “services.msc” on the box and hit Enter.
    • Locate for “Volume Shadow Copy” and check if the service is started.
    • If not ‘Start’ the service by right clicking on it.
    If the service was already started, I would suggest you to stop the service and restart the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Installation Windows 10

1. Installation Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installation

2. Windows 11 clean instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  3. Windows 11 clean instal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  4. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...
  5. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...
  6. I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am not able to use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am not able to use my...: I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am only able to use my 4G LTE sim card and when i inserted my 5g sim card then it is not appearing and i am not able to use my 5g sim card... kindly please help me how can i use my 5g sim card in my laptop...
  7. I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am not able to use my...

I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am not able to use my...: I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am only able to use my 4G LTE sim card and when i inserted my 5g sim card then it is not appearing and i am not able to use my 5g sim card... kindly please help me how can i use my 5g sim card in my laptop...
  8. I have hp elitebook 840 g3 and i had installed wwan module card and i am not able to use my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  10. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...