Windows 10: Installation woes

Discus and support Installation woes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have this on 3 different machines of different configs and I am now trying to get it on a shuttle XPC to test with xbmc but not having no luck just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Banny, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Banny Win User

Installation woes

Have this on 3 different machines of different configs and I am now trying to get it on a shuttle XPC to test with xbmc but not having no luck just keep getting same error.
    seems really slow to get as far as it does but then falls over.

windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation error code 0x80070002

i have tried everything different optical and hard drive, different memory configs, nothing seems to sort it out.
    machine is well within requirements and the actual copy of ten is fine as it works on other machines.
    i am I missing something.
    build I am using is 9860

thanks for any pointers

:)

Banny, Dec 22, 2014
  2. Yumpin Win User

Server Execution Failed Error.......

The TroubleShooter continues to terminate with no specific error reported...... just a generic message that it has encountered something terrible and can not continue.......

Issue started after the installation of KB4041691 update.......

Woe is me..... Oh Woe is Me........

Hopefully my 'automated Microsoft Feedback' being supposedly sent out in the background will help resolve the situation here.......

Yumpin, Dec 22, 2014
  3. woes Win User
    virus in my memory card

hello everyone,

Need a lil' help..

I recently downloaded a hell lot of things from ovi store,and i apparantly got a virus named 'wADYAjgb.HAG' in my memory card's 'cities' folder,and furtherin a folder 'diskcache'.

I tried deleting it, but it is just that i tap the deleting option...it says 'deleting' but the process wouldnt end.

Tell me some antivirus,some..somethng....!

Help!! Installation woes :(

4. AndyFH Win User

Installation woes

Try 'Cleaning' the HDD!
    I wrote this guide a little while ago to prepare drives for a NAS (The DOS pictures haven't copied so see the attached pdf...
    CAREFUL, AS THIS WILL WIPE THE HDD WITHOUT AN "ARE YOU SURE WARNING"

Preparing an HDD for use in a NAS

(If the HDD is brand new then there should be no need to do any preparation)

Cleaning the disk

First connect the disk via the USB to SATA adaptor; this allows better confirmation of the correct drive because DISKPART has the potential to wipe a drive without warning!

From the CMD window type ‘DISKPART’…

Then ‘LIST DISK’ …

Check the size against the disk number, here we want disk 1.
    Type ‘SELECT DISK 1’

As further confirmation that the correct disk is selected type ‘DETAIL DISK’…

If you’re happy that the above confirms that the correct disk is selected then…
    (THIS IS THE DESTRUCTIVE PART!)
    type ‘CLEAN’

The HDD is now ready to insert into the NAS drive bay.
    Type ‘EXIT’ to get back to the normal DOS prompt.

AndyFH, Oct 25, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    To exclude access problems on the installation medium, I would create a folder like C:\W10SETUP, copy all installation files there and start setup from C:\W10SETUP\SETUP.EXE

spapakons, Oct 26, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, for one thing, build 9860 expired April 15, 2015....

NavyLCDR, Oct 26, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Download the RTM version (build 10240) from here. The full version with all features is Windows 10, others are missing something (eg IE or Media Player). All ISO can install both Home and Pro (depending on previous Windows version or serial for a clean install).

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installation woes

1. Installation woes - Similar Threads - Installation woes

2. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  3. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  4. Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...: I use Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse on Windows 11 at work. While I can install Microsoft mouse and keyboard centre, it is not installed as admin does not require to restart, but rather from a company software store. It recognizes my Ergonomic mouse and the changes I do to left...
  5. Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...

Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...: I use Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse on Windows 11 at work. While I can install Microsoft mouse and keyboard centre, it is not installed as admin does not require to restart, but rather from a company software store. It recognizes my Ergonomic mouse and the changes I do to left...
  6. "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?: Desktop PC is behaving miserably "laggy" ...15-20 seconds to display a webpageWent to Event Viewer for more infoFound the following mind-boggling "Error" referenced:"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC0020036:...
  7. "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?

"ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?: Desktop PC is behaving miserably "laggy" ...15-20 seconds to display a webpageWent to Event Viewer for more infoFound the following mind-boggling "Error" referenced:"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC0020036:...
  8. Update Installation Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Installation Woes: Perhaps the solution to this is very simple. Either way I am voicing this concern here because it has been very frustrating: Two days ago, I was prompted to schedule a time to restart computer for update installation. I scheduled a time --intentionally--when I would not be...
  9. Linx 820 clean install woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Linx 820 clean install woes: I received a tablet with a borked Win10 Installation so I thought “no biggie, I’ll just clean install” Background: the tablet has only one micro USB port (also used for charging) plus a MicroSD card slot. When writing the image on a USB stick / MicroSD card using either...
  10. Dual Installation Activation Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Installation Activation Woes: Did a dual installation of Windows 10 per the great instructions posted by member BRINK.(Thank You) I started with 32bit PC running Windows 8.1 Pro which was a paid for upgrade from Windows 7 Home. All went well till activation. The windows 10 installation says it has...