Windows 10: Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection

Discus and support Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I installed the major Windows 10 update which I believe is called Creator. It took 30+ minutes and when I got my desktop back I could not connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JWalker, May 25, 2017.

1. JWalker Win User

Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection

Today I installed the major Windows 10 update which I believe is called Creator. It took 30+ minutes and when I got my desktop back I could not connect to my wifi. I could see the wifi sources but could not connect. I took a chance and tried wifi troubleshooter brought up by the search window at the lower left of the screen. I did not select the things it suggested because they seemed not to apply, but my wifi connected fine running the troubleshooter.

:)

JWalker, May 25, 2017

2. wifi turn off

After installing Creators Fall Update the WiFi connection does not turn on any more.

IngridDiaz Calatayud, May 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update Removes Ethernet on Laptop

I installed the latest Creators Update, and now my Ethernet is removed on my laptop. It was working just fine before the install. It left me scratching my head on why Microsoft would do this, so I figured I did something wrong. I backed out the Creators
    update, checked my previous install, and it was there. So I re-installed the Creators Update, and sure enough, it was gone again. Network says i'm connected to wifi.

Was this on purpose to use WiFi and remove Ethernet? Is there anyway to get Ethernet back?

Thanks.

JoeDirtguy, May 25, 2017
  4. Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection

Hi JWalker.

So is your WiFi still okay?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 25, 2017
  5. JWalker Win User
    Yes. The wifi has been working since running the troubleshooter.

JWalker, May 25, 2017
  6. Great.

Something must have got hung during update.

If you could mark thread solved others will see and follow your advice.

Caledon Ken, May 25, 2017
  7. JWalker Win User
    The thing that the wifi or network troubleshooter did that probably made the fix was to reset the wifi adapter. It offered three other things I could check to fix that did not seem relevant so I did not click in them. I wanted to share the experience and thank goodness I found a simple fix. The only other thing I could do is go to System Devices and see if the adapter was enabled. Maybe that would have worked as well. The final resort wouldbe to do a restore of the HD.

JWalker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection

1. Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection - Similar Threads - Installed Creator Wifi

2. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  3. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  4. creators update failed to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  5. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  6. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep: Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Been looking all over for a solution & there is none. There is no power management tab in the driver properties. Worked fine until the upgrade to 1703. Many reports on the Feedback...
  7. Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update: I use a Dial Up Broadband connection which has been set up by User ID & Password provided by the ISP. After "Clean Install" of Creators Update, whenever I try to connect to Internet a window pops-up "Windows Security", where I have to enter the User ID & Password again before...
  8. Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi

Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi: Hello everyone, Upon much Google'ing... there seems to be an issue after updating to the creators update and wifi connections. Let it be known that I was not intentionally tyring to update to Win 10 Creators update. I merely wanted to install the a regular version of Win 10...
  9. Creator broke my network connections

Creator broke my network connections: in 1607 I had 4 devices, 2 laptops, 2 desktops. One desktop is a server of sorts, not running server s/w. All others could connect to it. Upgrade to Creator (Nothing else changed) and now no one can talk to the server. one laptop show it, the other does not. If I click on...
  10. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update: It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers. Tried to restart with firewall off. Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this...