Windows 10: Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.

Discus and support Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I press the video call button, a notification appears which says "Turn On Camera. In your device settings make sure Messenger is allowed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dindrtahl, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dindrtahl Win User

Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.

Whenever I press the video call button, a notification appears which says "Turn On Camera. In your device settings make sure Messenger is allowed to use your camera." and has only two options "Cancel" and "Open Settings".
    I went to Camera Privacy Settings and Messenger was already allowed by default to use it, but still whenever I press the video call button I get the same notification.
    The webcam works fine on the facebook site.

:)

Dindrtahl, Dec 8, 2016

2. Facebook Messenger Call on Microsoft Lumia 550

I can't do calls and video calls using Facebook Messenger on my Lumia 550, what should I do?

EverlastPlay, Dec 8, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    lumia 535

It doesn't work because Facebook hasn't added those features to their messenger app. What doesn't exist can't work.

LCRT, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Dindrtahl Win User

25 min and not a single view? Am I invisible? It's the 3rd place I ask about this and get ignored. Just tell me if it can be solved or not...

Dindrtahl, Dec 8, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    This is a "users helping users" site. We are not paid support staff. Like all volunteer forums, if someone looks over the new posts and can answer it they will respond.

fireberd, Dec 8, 2016
  6. Dindrtahl Win User
    Yes, I'm sorry, I just thought the post was somehow unseen (thought maybe waiting for a mod's approval) because the view count stayed the same. Then I saw the hover-over title feature to show the post. That's why maybe.
    Well it looks like there's no fix for now, from what I see the feature is still quite new for the app and that's maybe way. I reported the problem in the app's settings.

Dindrtahl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call. - Similar Threads - Installed Facebook Messenger

2. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  3. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  4. facebook messenger video calling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    facebook messenger video calling: If I try to use fb messenger video call I get this message -! But microphone is turned on, and access allowed for messengers? An error occurred while trying to get access to the microphone: Access to media devices has been denied....
  5. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  6. Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Facebook quietly upgraded its Messenger app for Windows 10 with the ability to make voice and video calls. The feature worked with all major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, many users report the Facebook Messenger...
  7. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  8. messenger video calls

messenger video calls: How do Imake video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video-calls/acbdb45f-e750-4eee-8a7a-9fe04e80c72e
  9. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  10. Can't install Facebook messenger on my Windows 10 PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install Facebook messenger on my Windows 10 PC: Split from this thread. I am trying to install it on my PC. I have it on my phone and ipad already and it works fine on those device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-facebook-messenger-on-my-windows-10/5dd79d5a-c9ae-40cf-9589-32966717e62b"