Windows 10: Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work

Discus and support Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Long story short I used the windows media tool to get a windows 10 iso that I made a bootable USB out of and then used to install on my winbook tw101... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raptor405, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Raptor405 Win User

Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work

Long story short I used the windows media tool to get a windows 10 iso that I made a bootable USB out of and then used to install on my winbook tw101 tablet. Now there is no touch screen, battery icon, and gyro that changes display orientation. I assume I am missing some drivers but can not seem to find the right ones, please help.

:)

Raptor405, Aug 5, 2018

2. Winbook TW100 tablet touch screen issue

I contacted Microcenter's tech support. The chat representative stated it was a known issue, and that Microsoft would be pushing out a driver update. His suggestion, was that it would be over the weekend, but after not receiving it Sunday evening, I chose
    to use a USB keyboard and my recovery USB drive to reinstall Win 8. My touchscreen is working fine again.

I expect I'll attempt windows 10 again, when I have more time, but this time I'll have my current drivers saved to USB.

The steps listed by the Msft support engineer, have been tested and applied but were unsuccessful. The drivers for the touchscreen, are not hosted by Microcenter, and the few versions I was able to find online did not change the mirrored effect.

Windows 10 with Winbook TW100, mirrored touchscreen

workaround: roll back to Windows 8 (though Microcenter states it is not possible).

Rich Wiehe, Aug 5, 2018
  3. garydrow Win User
    ELO touchscreen doesnt work after win10 install

my kichen pc monitor is an ELO Intellitouch screen. worked awesome as a touchscreen for 5 or 6 yrs with winxp and 7. I assumed wi Win10 the enabled tablet function would work. it doesnt. Even wi tablet off the touchscreen
    doesnt . ELO says the win7 drivers should work. i can find the ELO program but the apps wont run from it. I'm wondering if Win10 recognizes the hardware...as the control panel/system only shows a generic monitor. Suggestions? (yes, this was typed
    on a virtual keyboard using a wireless mouse)

garydrow, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work

Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

I just upgraded my WinBook TW100 tablet from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and had three issues that

anyone using this tablet should be aware of BEFORE they upgrade:

1) There is a file name touchscreen.gt in c:\windows\inf. The upgrade installer did not copy this file into

the new Windows 10 installation and it rendered the touchscreen unusable. Make a backup of this file

and drop it into c:\windows\inf and reboot the tablet after you upgrade if your touchscreen is not working

right.

I tried to copy the file from the windows.old but kept getting an error saying the file could not be copied.

Don't know whether this was because of insufficient privileges or because the file was somehow corrupted

or compressed, etc.

2) The Intel HD Video driver installed by Windows 10 was set to a resolution of 1024 x 768, would not

allow me to change it to the native resolution of the tablet (1280 x 800) and insisted that the LCD panel

in the tablet was a flat panel display (external). i had to go to Intel's website and download the Intel HD

Graphics driver for their 4000 series chipset. This will allow you to set correct screen size, and the new

driver install correctly recognized the internal display as default.

This was an older version of the driver than what Windows 10 installed, so I am hoping that it does

not try to do a Windows Update on the driver again.... ugghhh...

3) The upgrade installer DID make a backup of Windows 8.1 in c:\windows.old, but when I tried to roll back

to Windows 8.1, there was no option under restore applet to roll back to Windows 8.1, so make a complete

backup of your tablet BEFORE running the upgrade installer else you will be stuck with Windows 10 and

unable to go back.

4) This is trivial, but the wallpapers Windows 10 installed are not the correct size for the screen... I used

Google Image search and got a different size for the default wallpaper with the blue window (I really like

this one).

Hope this info helps anyone else with this Winbook tablet....

AllanY2525, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work

1. Installed Fresh copy of Win10 on winbook tablet and now touchscreen and other things don't work - Similar Threads - Installed Fresh copy

2. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  3. Minecraft touchscreen Don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft touchscreen Don't work: I have minecraft Java edition but if i turn on "touchscreen mode" it don't work in my worlds and on servers. I don't want to move to windows 10 edition. I playing minecraft ±2 years but i have now an touchscreen computer with windows 10 enterprise but the touchscreen mode...
  4. WinBook TW100 Inverse Touchscreen Fix / Reverse Touchscreen Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinBook TW100 Inverse Touchscreen Fix / Reverse Touchscreen Fix: I searched everywhere for the solution to this problem and found several solutions that didn't work. But after a while I figured it out. I first uninstalled the touchscreen driver, if you don't have a driver yet then ignore this step. I then downloaded the Cabinet file...
  5. my winbook tw700 tablet crashed after installing windows 10

my winbook tw700 tablet crashed after installing windows 10: I install windows 10 for my tablet and after installation i install device drivers for it. after a short time it heat a lot and shutting down. now it comes to home screen but any input devices not detect and screen is not detect the touch. how to solve this problem?...
  6. Some internet processes don't work on fresh win10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some internet processes don't work on fresh win10 install: I just got a new laptop and I proceeded to freshly install windows 10 on it because I don't want all the bloatwear that manufacturers include. I completed the windows install. Logged into the system and went straight to updates. I proceeded to install all of the available...
  7. Microphone in Windows 10 tablet(Winbook TW110) has not always working

Microphone in Windows 10 tablet(Winbook TW110) has not always working: I have Winbook TW110 with Windows 10. I bought it in October, 2018. After a while, maybe after a Windows update, the built in microphone(Intel SST audio device (WDM)) stopped working. It cannot be seen in Device Manager. I was advised to uninstall the device in Device...
  8. Touchscreen not working in Tablet Mode

Touchscreen not working in Tablet Mode: Last night the touch screen stopped working. I tried running Troubleshooting on my Dell Inspirion 13-5348 with Windows 10 but it doesn't find an issue. I rebooted. I updated all drivers and rebooted. I ran virus scans and rebooted. I ran Malware Bytes and rebooted. Any...
  9. Fresh install of Win10 on Samsung All In One now touchscreen disabled

Fresh install of Win10 on Samsung All In One now touchscreen disabled: I have a Samsung DP700A3D-A01US all in one that was extremely sluggish. It was a Win8 PC that I had previously upgraded to Win 10. I finally could not take the freezing and waiting and decided to do a fresh install of Win 10. The fresh install is performing much better,...
  10. Fresh Win10 Install of 1 day and now BSOD....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Win10 Install of 1 day and now BSOD....: I did a clean install of Win10 Pro yesterday, drivers all updated, my programs re-installed, no device manager problems... In the evening while browsing with FireFox on this forum and a second window open for another forum the system locked up and then BSOD........saying...