Windows 10: Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows

Discus and support Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, So I decided to upgrade the storage on my computer using an M.2 (970 Evo), after i had installed the M.2 into the slot I used the Samsung Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Choff96, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Choff96 Win User

Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows

Hey,

So I decided to upgrade the storage on my computer using an M.2 (970 Evo), after i had installed the M.2 into the slot I used the Samsung Data Migration tool to clone my old SSD onto the drive. Before I cloned the drive it would appear in windows, but not I cannot access from Windows at all. It appears in my UEFI.

things I have tried already:

I tried booting without my ssd and HDD connected to the motherboard and it did not boot, just kept sending me back to the UEFI.

And i have also tried using a windows installation media USB to install as well.

Really hoping to find a fix. Thanks in advance.

:)

Choff96, Jun 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Install on M.2 SSD

I've tried to install this update but with no luck.

I think that it's the M.2 SSD that won't let windows update install itself. I tried so many times I lost count...

Here is my config (at least what is important for this problem):

C Drive: Samsung MZHPV128HDGM-00000 (SM951 M.2 SSD)

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI

RAM: 16GB (4*4GB) of HyperX CL9 (but I doubt that this could be the problem)

I had the M.2 SSD in an expansion card and I managed to put it in the other GPU-Slot - which I didn't use - but for the time being I tried to place the M.2 SSD in the M.2 SSd slot on the MB.

Till now nothing I've tried worked... so I would appreciate a little help here what to do.

I am constantly getting: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error code (yes I googled it how to fix it but still nothing).

I hope there is everything You need. If I missed something then please remind me! Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows :)

Thank You in advance!

BálintCsertán, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Timbo879 Win User
    Can I clone a Windows 10 drive to upgrade to SSD?

I am running Windows 10 on a slow drive that I want to replace with an M.2 SSD. Do I need to do a clean install or can I clone my current installation across. I am asking specifically about the impact of cloning on the activation of Windows 10 and MS Office.

Thanks

Timbo879, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows

1. Installed M.2 and cloned SSD, now not appearing in Windows - Similar Threads - Installed cloned SSD

2. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  3. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  4. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  6. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  7. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

8. Cloning OS from SSD to M.2

Cloning OS from SSD to M.2: I'm ordering my first M.2 drive and I need advice. 500g ssd to 500g m.2 Can I clone the OS? What program should I use to clone? Should I just reinstall windows? 149234
  9. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  10. Installed m.2 SSD and Windows; Now: Choose OS

Installed m.2 SSD and Windows; Now: Choose OS: I purchased an Acer Aspire E-15 and, on the recommendation of a review, bought a 128GB ADATA SU800 m.2 2280 SSD. Before installing the SSD, I booted up the computer and got everything working. I then shut it down, installed the SSD, and booted to the USB stick to install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cloned to new m.2 now disk does not appear in windows