Windows 10: Installed memory not available

Discus and support Installed memory not available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed 2 new memory cards in my Laptop(intel i5 processor). The cards are from different manufacturers, also one card is 2gb and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeBi, Apr 1, 2016.

1. KeBi Win User

Installed memory not available

I recently installed 2 new memory cards in my Laptop(intel i5 processor). The cards are from different manufacturers, also one card is 2gb and the seconde one is 4gb. Now when i start my computer, and go to 'Control Panel\System and Security\System', one time i see Installed memory : 6gb, but other time installed memory is Not available. Why is this like this and how to fix this?

:)

KeBi, Apr 1, 2016

2. High installed physical memory, very Low available physical memory

It's definately 64-bit

archiegill, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    High installed physical memory, very Low available physical memory

Ciao,

did you look at task manager to see which applications are memory consuming?

CTRL+ALT+CANC -> Task Manager -> More Details -> Memory Column

Please let me know the outcome.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Apr 1, 2016
  4. tacoban Win User

If the installed memory should not be available, your pc should not be able to start.
    I suspect there is some timeout while reading the available/total memory. Maybe a heavy program is running in background ?
    U can check if they are both of the same clock-speed, check installing first only with the one and later with only the other, start and check if in this case the problem still there.

tacoban, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Installed memory not available - Similar Threads - Installed memory available

2. Low available physical memory and free memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low available physical memory and free memory: I was browsing looking for solutions to speed up my outdated laptop which uses windows 11, and i stumbled upon resource manager and looking at the memory tab made me conclude that my low free memory is making my system too slow. That might be me running windows 11 on a really...
  3. Low available physical memory and free memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low available physical memory and free memory: I was browsing looking for solutions to speed up my outdated laptop which uses windows 11, and i stumbled upon resource manager and looking at the memory tab made me conclude that my low free memory is making my system too slow. That might be me running windows 11 on a really...
  4. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  5. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  6. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

7. Memory availability in Windows 11

Memory availability in Windows 11: Hello, everyone. This morning, I succesfully performed a clean installation of Windows 11 on my supported HP Laptop 15s-eq1001nv, which features an AMD Athlon Gold 3150U processor and 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM memory. The operating system is gorgeous and snappy, but I noticed...
  8. Total available graphics memory and shared memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Total available graphics memory and shared memory: Hi, My PC has i3 8100, intel UHD 630 with 8GB RAM in display settings, total graphics memory is 4096MB, Shared memory is 4007MB. This 4007MB is detected by GTA. How to reduce this 4096MB amount to 2048MB so that no unnecessary extra memory is detected by GTA for...
  9. Processor & Installed memory/Ram are showing "Not Available"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processor & Installed memory/Ram are showing "Not Available": Hello, and I would like to thank you in advance for reviewing my question. I've been searching for an answer on how to fix this for quite some time on the internet, and I'm still lost. When I right-click on "My Computer" on my desktop and select "Properties" to review such...
  10. Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?: Why is it like this? how can I fix it? is it hardware or software problem? Could my hard disk being almost full be a cause for such problem? i have about 10 GB availablie from 500GB Thanks! My laptop is asus and here is the system info. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro...