Windows 10: Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64

Discus and support Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've searched the 'net for help but I just can't seem to figure it out. My computer reads that I have 6.00 GB RAM but only 3.37 GB is usable. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ehjay, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ehjay Win User

Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64

I've searched the 'net for help but I just can't seem to figure it out. My computer reads that I have 6.00 GB RAM but only 3.37 GB is usable.
    I've seen that using x32 versions can cause this but I have yet to figure out why my x64 version is doing this.
    Would anyone kindly have any tips for me?
    Cheers.

:)

ehjay, Feb 3, 2016
  2. CHHSTech Win User

W10 upgrade - 32b / 64b OS architecture - Can the architecture be changed?

Currently have a W8.1-x86 (32b) workstation eligible for the W10 upgrade; however, I want to changeover the OS to a 64b architecture so that I can take advantage of the memory over 3.25GB (12GB total installed). I know historically Windows upgrades only
    work with the current architecture. Will W10 follow this or can the architecture be changed or do I have to backup the workstation and install W10-x64 Preview clean prior to the release of W10?

TYVM in advance. ///

CHHSTech, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Syy1983 Win User
    Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64 Questions

Hi Guys,

My laptop is currently running Windows 7 SP1 x86 on a Dell OEM licence. I have recently reserved my copy of Windows 10 via the upgrade advisor (yayy).

I am looking to upgrade the RAM on my system to 8GB and therefore i would like to upgrade the system to Windows 10 x64 (via a custom install) when Windows 10 becomes available. My understanding is that when the W10 upgrade is available my existing copy of
    W7 will be upgraded using the current architecture (x86) and OEM licence. So my questions are...

• After W10 is installed will W10 give me the option to create recovery media? (if so will the media allow to me to re-install using a x64 architecture?)
    • In terms of licencing If i perform a custom install of Window 10 x64 on my machine (after the automated W10 upgrade has been completed) will the new install W10 (on the same computer, just a different architecture) activate using the OEM licence?
    • Will Microsoft be releasing an ISO to allow custom installs?
    Thanks for all your help guys Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64 :)

Syy1983, Feb 3, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi. You can go to msconfig > Boot > Advanced options and check "Maximum memory" setting.

CountMike, Feb 3, 2016
  5. ehjay Win User
    I have actually tried that with and without it being checked.

ehjay, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Could it be the motherboard / BIOS?

markweatherill, Feb 3, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    So, how much it shows there ?

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64 - Similar Threads - Installed memory using

2. Installing W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10: I have a custom-built computer. I had install W10 on it at first it was an upgrade from W7 and a pain to install due to the NVME drive and no USB drivers. but later Windows got mess up so I put Linux on it now I thinking of going back to W10. can I install W10 free without...
  3. Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory: I have a w7 pc (x86) with 3GB RAM + 2GB dedicated VRAM. So it's 5GB addressable RAM in total, right? Do I need x64? System is x64 capable. 171337
  4. W10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Installation: I have recently been trying to install W10 { USB }on a laptop that was shut off during a fresh restart. It usually gets to finish then the laptop restarts and brings me back to the beginning of the setup. If you know how to fix this please tell me. Video submitted by...
  5. Failure to install all W10 updates.

Failure to install all W10 updates.: My laptop was upgraded to W10 from W7. Now, further updates for W10 do not work. The system will spend all day downloading the file then trying to install it, then fail, and spend the rest of the day undoing the changes it has made to the system. I want to stop it trying to...
  6. W10 Pro x64 new install

W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  7. Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory: Hello all, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 x 64. My SDD is of 256 GB size containing two drives. The C drive is to be for installation and the D drives contains my valuable data. I want to use the Rufus app to install the .iso file of the windows into a 32 GB flash...
  8. Can't install VS2008 on W10 X64 1607

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install VS2008 on W10 X64 1607: Hmmm I just tried to install VS2008 Express Edition (well actually just the Visual C# part) on my system. The install claimed it worked fine, but nothing was added to the start menu in the "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008" folder apart from the remote debugger. I've...
  9. Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64: Hi, running W10 Pro x64 on a desktop with i7 5820k. When I try to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, I initiate the action and restart the computer. However, during boot when it gets to the point where it is ready to run the Memory Diagnostic it gives me a message that...
  10. Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64

Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64: I installed W10 TP as a VM under Oracle VB on two computers. 32 bit on one and 64 bit on the other. Both work very well and are reasonable quick as a VM. I decided I wanted to run it direct, so did a Macrium backup of my Acer laptop then did an upgrade using a mounted 64...