Windows 10: Installed new network adapter, error 651, no valid IP configuration

Discus and support Installed new network adapter, error 651, no valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, The old one (from motherboard) still works. My motherboard (ASUSTek Computer Inc. P8H77-V LE LGA 1155; bought in 2013) has a built-in network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nik, Oct 21, 2015.

1. NIK
    Nik Win User

Installed new network adapter, error 651, no valid IP configuration

Hi,

The old one (from motherboard) still works. My motherboard (ASUSTek Computer Inc. P8H77-V LE LGA 1155; bought in 2013) has a built-in network adapter (RealTek PCIe GBE family controller). After I upgraded to Win10, the old network adapter usually works OK, but occasionally gets disconnected especially after Windows is booted: I connect manually each time, and the connection then dies (the network status is OK, but have to reconnect manually). Another problem is that Windows always freezes when I download an active torrent. If I assign the torrent client to the fourth core of my microprocessor (change affinity in Task Manager), then Windows does not freeze (this problem was present with the same adapter and motherboard in Win7 32-bit, Win8.1 64-bit, and Win10 64-bit). All drivers are up-to-date (DriverMax), and Windows is installed properly (system file check finds no problems and I have no complaints).

Therefore, I decided to buy a separate more powerful network adapter. I installed D-Link DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter into a PCI slot of my motherboard and disabled the old network adapter in Windows. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to my ISP (fttx, PPPoE, dial-up connection under Windows 10, using a username and password) via the new adapter. Windows 10 gives me error 651. When I run Windows' own Network Adapter troubleshooter, it says that "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP configuration". The driver is up-to-date and Windows Device Manager says that the device is working properly (not a hardware problem). I called ISP, and they told me that they cannot help me with the computer hardware, especially because the old network adapter still works fine and can connect to the ISP (if I plug the cord into the old adapter).

Any ideas? I tried copying the old MAC address to the new adapter, to no avail. I can always delete and create a new internet connection (under "Dial-up" settings of Windows 10) with the old network adapter, but not with the new one. Error 651. Here is the configuration of the two network adapters, when the old adapter is hooked up to the Internet and working OK, and the new adapter is disconnected ("Ethernet" is the old one that is built into the motherboard, and "Ethernet 2" is the new, separate one):

Code: Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-TVDQA03 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : D-Link DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E8-CC-18-E8-30-09 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes PPP adapter Broadband Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 176.51.234.205(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 92.126.123.130 213.228.68.130 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D8-50-E6-49-40-59 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::45eb:e5e8:3031:8b45%12(Preferred) IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.24.240.16(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:17:28 PM Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 17, 2015 4:06:31 AM Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.24.240.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.20.59.67 DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 81285350 DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1D-52-76-9D-D8-50-E6-49-40-59 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.20.59.67 212.20.59.68 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/quote]

:)

2. Upgrade from w7 pro to w10 no internet

I had W7 Pro that worked excellent. Upgraded to W10 and had no internet (hardwired to router). Tried everything. Went back to W7 pro and no longer had internet (hardwired to router). Again tried all the suggested solutions. Received error messages

1. does not have valid IP configuration

2. connection failed with error 651

Garry

GeraldUrsenbach, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Windows store error code 0x80072EFD Windows 10.

Root cause: There is no valid IP Configuration.

Just Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter :

in Control panel TroubleshootingView all ( left pane )

Then it will fix the invalid IP configuration

I hope it helps!

David and Macky, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

Installed new network adapter, error 651, no valid IP configuration

1. Installed new network adapter, error 651, no valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - Installed network adapter

2. In valid IP configuration for Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In valid IP configuration for Ethernet: I am a new pc owner and have been using a WiFi dongle for the last couple of months but recently I have been looking for an upgrade to Ethernet. All I have is a Powerline wall adapter and a Ethernet cable but every time I connect the Ethernet cable to my pc and the adapter it...
  3. NPcap Loopback Adapter Doesn't Have A Valid IP Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NPcap Loopback Adapter Doesn't Have A Valid IP Configuration: Hello, I have tried several fixes for this problem but none are working. I have had this problem a few months before and was able to find a fix for it but on this occasion I cannot resolve the issue.Here is a list of fixes which I have tried:1. I disabled & reenabled NPcap...
  4. No valid IP configuration

No valid IP configuration: and of course that release procedure fails on step 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-valid-ip-configuration/ed4044f4-c395-4058-85d8-37b5c1292248
  5. Unidentified network and No valid IP configuration. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified network and No valid IP configuration. Help: Hi all I’m having issue with my power line internet connection, 2 days ago I was using my computer when all of a sudden I lost connection to the internet. I restarted my PC and router but that didn’t work. I’ve googled the issue and gone through the numerous commands to...
  6. Network bridge doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Network bridge doesn't have a valid IP configuration: I have windows 10 and I'm trying to bridge 2 lan connections together and I keep getting both errors 1. an unexpected error occurred while configuring the network bridge 2. the network bridge doesn't have a valid IP configuration. How do I fix this?...
  7. Ip does not have valid ip configuration

Ip does not have valid ip configuration: i just resetted my pc again on windows 10. to fix wifi problems. but now it says ip doesnt not have valid ip configuration. i tried resetting the catalog and that stuff. didnt work....
  8. Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration

Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration: The internet has been out on my PC has been out for a while now, so I've run the troubleshooter and the problem found was that the "Ethernet" public network doesn't have a valid IP configuration, if anyone has a solution for this, it'd be appreciated...
  9. Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address

Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address: I've just changed ISP and their supplied router (BT SmartHub) has an IP address of 192.168.1.254 whereas my previous router (ASUS RT-AC87U) was at 192.168.1.1 My Windows 10 PC is configured with a fixed IP address, using 192.168.1.1 and this caused me some head-scratching....
  10. IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?: Hi guys, I have a self built desktop that I only connect to the internet with using WiFi. But lately the connection on this PC is very intermittent and this is the only device in my house with this problem (so it's not the modem/router?). My PC has an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard...