Windows 10: Installed Program Dates Have Changed?

Discus and support Installed Program Dates Have Changed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed the installation dates of about 12 programs and drivers have been changed to 24/12/15 in Control Panel / Programs & Features (see screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

Installed Program Dates Have Changed?

I noticed the installation dates of about 12 programs and drivers have been changed to 24/12/15 in Control Panel / Programs & Features (see screen shot). I haven't made any changes and Reliability Monitor does not show any automatic updates. The programs still work. What would explain this behaviour?

Installed Program Dates Have Changed? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Dec 24, 2015

2. Installed program list - wrong install dates

Thanks Eric but I find it impossible to believe that MS would suddenly remove the InstallDate registry entry! And if so, why for only 150 of my 220 programs?

terrypinVG, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Installed program list - wrong install dates

It remains unchanged. Hardly surprising given that the registry entries have no InstallDate entry.

Plainly borked by WU.

terrypinVG, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Karizma Win User

This also just happened to me again, this happens every week or so it seems. A handful of random programs install date will just jump to current day.

Karizma, Dec 24, 2015
  5. blogwart Win User
    The same just happened to me and I found this thread. Any idea why it is happening?

blogwart, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    This has since happened to me again. I can only think this is a product 'feature' of Windows 10 due to poor software QA and inadequate software testing

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed Program Dates Have Changed? - Similar Threads - Installed Program Dates

2. Having trouble to change date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble to change date of birth: I'm getting this message from my family saftey account as organizer I'm trying to change permissions.In the United States, South Korea, Brazil, and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage...
  3. Having trouble to change date of birth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble to change date of birth: I'm getting this message from my family saftey account as organizer I'm trying to change permissions.In the United States, South Korea, Brazil, and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage...
  4. Having trouble to change date of birth

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Replacing D: Date Drive with Installed Programs on it

Replacing D: Date Drive with Installed Programs on it: I have a 240 GB M2 SSD which is my C: drive, and is Disc 1 in Disk Management. This is my boot drive with Windows 10 pro installed. I have a 1 TB SATA HDD which is my D: drive, and is Disc 0 in Disk Management. I have some games installed on this drive, and this is where my...
  6. is there away to change a programs date and time

is there away to change a programs date and time: Hello, I have a program that is kind of old and it will not install or run innless I change the systems date and time. Is there a way to change just the programs date and time with out having to change the hole systems date and time every time I want to use it? Thanks :)...
  7. Installed programs - wrong install dates

Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  8. Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

Windows 10 Change installation date on programs: Hello,i'm new here and also my language is Roumania,,so my english is bad. I have a weird problem with Windows 10 Pro x64,that problem appear with the launch of TH2 (1511),Windows change the instalation date on some programs,and after some investigation,i realized that there...
  9. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  10. Programs installed on date keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs installed on date keep changing: In add/remove programs I noticed 3 different times this happened, like 8 random programs install date will jump to the current date even though they had been installed for weeks already. It's not really causing any issues, just curious whats causing it to happen. I tried...