Windows 10: installed program not showing in start menu

Discus and support installed program not showing in start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; have installed Aome hdd manager on my W10 PC and laptop. on the PCs it appears in the start menu and also as an icon in the start menu. but on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015.

1. installed program not showing in start menu

have installed Aome hdd manager on my W10 PC and laptop.

on the PCs it appears in the start menu and also as an icon in the start menu.

but on the laptop it is not showing, have uninstalled and reinstalled and created a shortcut from the installed .exe file then chose pin to start menu, but still nothing

can't se what I am doing wrong, never had this issue before.

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015

2. Start Menu doesn't show installed programs

I can see there are shortcuts for all installed programs in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

For some reason, none of the installed programs shows up in the Start Menu.

Here is a screenshot of the Start Menu folder
    installed program not showing in start menu [​IMG]

And here is a screenshot of the Start Menu All apps

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Yurii Kril, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Make Start Menu show installed programs?

It has a lot less icons than Windows 7 had in a fresh install. And as always, you are free to customize what's in the list. the only change is the background color.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 28, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

installed program not showing in start menu

Which program is it? Can you provide a link?

eLPuSHeR, Oct 28, 2015
  5. reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Add Program To StartupFor ALL Users copy to :
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    To find Quickly: Copy address and paste in Run dialog, click OK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For specific Users copy to :

C:\Users\TheUser Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

To find quickly: copy address and paste in Run dialog, change to users name and click OK

To Add Shortcut to Apps Menu
    To add a shortcut to Apps Menu copy and paste this:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

into Run dialog and then make a copy of the shortcut and place it there.

Cliff S, Oct 28, 2015
  7. thank you, will give this a try.

do you know why it is that the shortcut failed to appear in the start menu, right click pin to start menu should have worked..

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Is this an "Installed" program or a standalone portable?

Cliff S, Oct 28, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I asked because sometimes I use portables and prefer to add them to the all apps and/or Start Menu(I can't stand desktop Icons) and the portable only create desktop shortcuts.

Lots of programs, also have options, for where you would like to have shortcuts placed, during the installation process.

Cliff S, Oct 28, 2015
  10. unfortunately these methods don't seem to work ( for me )

didnt put put shortcut into startup folder as I don't want the program to auto start just want it to be in the startup menu..

and the %windir method did not allow me to paste anything, paste option was ghosted out.

have this problem with two installed apps Aome partition assistant and blaze media pro...

dont nut know why, I uninstalled and installed again in default locations..

any further her help would be appreciated.

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Instead of pasting, try opening two instances of File Explorer and drag & drop a copy of the your shortcut to C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it will place it in the start menu.

Cliff S, Oct 30, 2015
  12. tried blaze media pro this method and got component hook menu ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid...

13. installed program not showing in start menu

could be my fault when I created the shortcut I removed the .exe have now added this back and have copied both shortcuts to the program folder but still not showing up in start menu.....do I need to nest the shortcuts in a folder in the program folder ?

14. Cliff S New Member
    You created a shortcut yourself to desktop first and used that, right? I mean you didn't place the .exe in there(laugh I've done it*Smile)?

Cliff S, Oct 30, 2015
  15. yes created shortcuts from .exe files........should be such an easy task, always right click on shortcut add to start menu.....why isn't it working for these two apps ??? driving me mental

Thema:

1. installed program not showing in start menu - Similar Threads - installed program showing

2. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  3. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  4. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted programs still showing in start menu

Deleted programs still showing in start menu: I decided that now is as good a time as any to learn Python, so I went to download the latest version 3.9.0. After downloading it, I used the Windows search bar to find that 3.8 was already installed from a previous attempt at learning Python. I clicked on 3.8 where it...
  6. Programs not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not showing in start menu: I recently changed which SSD I wanted games and a few other things on. Since changing this any of the things installed aren’t showing up on the start menu. I have 3 different SSD’s, not sure if this have anything to do with it? I don’t know if I’m supposed to enable the...
  7. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  8. Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu: I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up there? Thanks....
  9. Installed program not in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed program not in the start menu.: With a clean install of Win 10 1703 I installed MSI Afterburner from the administrator account but the shortcuts weren't placed in the standard accounts start menu. I'm not sure if this is Windows issue or MSI Afterburner as I haven't received a reply from Guru3d forums...
  10. Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening: Hi all, I installed the latest Creators Update, but apps/programs I installed (e.g. Chrome, Office, Netflix) have disappeared from the start menu. They will appear in the search in the start menu, but installed apps like Netflix will not open. I have already tried this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed program doesnt appear on start menu