Windows 10: Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, By accident the trial one month edition was installed. I wanted the free edition and still want. Is there a way to undo and make the trial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oeivinr, Nov 1, 2017.

1. oeivinr Win User

Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect

hi,

By accident the trial one month edition was installed. I wanted the free edition and still want. Is there a way to undo and make the trial edition free or do I have to download and install again? The whole process took quite a while on my laptop so, if possible, I would like to avoid doing it again

:)

oeivinr, Nov 1, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

I want download software free data recovery please tell me where download?

Macrium Reflect 7 Free Edition

BulldogXX, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 1, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Don't think so. You have to go back and reinstall the free edition. Just try installing the free edition over the top of what you have now. The majority of setup time is downloading the Windows PE files to create the rescue drive with (if you don't opt out of that in the setup settings). Since those files would already be there, it's possible they won't download again.

NavyLCDR, Nov 1, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It only downloads winpe files if it needs to.

If you uninstall trial version, it asks you if you want to keep winpe files iirc.

cereberus, Nov 1, 2017
  6. oeivinr Win User
    hi again,

thanx all you guys, NavyLCDR, Guru, Dalchina, Plankton, cereberus and all others, not mentioned but not forgotten, on the Tenforums team who have contributed to solving my problems. Thanx for taking the trouble of answering all my newbie questions and explaining them to me in such an easily perceptible manner. I really dont know what I should have done without your help. Because of you I really feel I am making progress in understanding Windows 10 fall creator edition/version and how to set up a proper imaging schedule.. Thanx a hundred.

ps

I might return on the forums before soon. Hope you dont mind. If you do, just ignore me, but I wish you dont. By the way, what is IMO short for? (in my opinion?)

oeivinr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Installed wrong edition

2. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  3. Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions

Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions: I replaced Acronis with the free Reflect version either per this forum or the Win7 forum earlier this year, and haven't looked back since. I received an offer email from Macrium regarding the Home edition and saw a few abilities that might make 'paid' sense. Although I...
  4. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

macrium reflect -- install different trial version?: I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition. when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial? EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on the official macrium forum, because a trial license does not entitle you to join the forum. over there, you have to pay in...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........