Windows 10: Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex

Discus and support Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed w10, dxdiag is showing that it has directx 9Ex What happened to dx 12, 11.1 11.0 or even 10? how can it bundle such an older dx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016.

1. vsrawat Win User

Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex

I installed w10,
    dxdiag is showing that it has directx 9Ex

What happened to dx 12, 11.1 11.0 or even 10?

how can it bundle such an older dx version?

1. If higher dx versions are there in the installation pen drive, how can I extract the installations files from there and install them?

2. I also have w8 and w7 installations, so how can I copy a higher dx version from those o.s. to w10?

thanks.
    --
    Rawat

:)

vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016

2. I Can't Change My DirectX

Now My DirectX is 9Ex( before Set up windows 10 is DirectX 11
    Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex [​IMG]
    but now ... I don't know ) and I Tried to install any DirectX but it Also is Direct
    9Ex . Any help? I can't play my game Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex :((

Tấn ĐạtLê, Apr 24, 2016
  3. DirectX 12 lagging my PC

also my directx version went from direct 9Ex to DirectX 12

adgamehead, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex

DXDiag will only show the most recent DX version that your card is capable of running (by stevenswilson).

TairikuOkami, Apr 24, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Right, it may be that your Win10 is the Upgrade and if the previous OS was Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1 that may be a left-over involving your video adapter. The onboard adapters seem to be more difficult with drivers getting up to the latest DirectX, mine is an upgrade from Win7 w/SP1 on a Custom Gigabyte build with an Add-in PCIe X16 AMD Radeon HD 6670 video card, has DirectX 11.2. I haven't tried DirectX 12 yet, really don't need it.

Berton, Apr 24, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    It's the function of the driver and GPU's BIOS and both have to be compatible with Dx12 APIs. Even my GPU relatively new (last 1 and1/2 years ago), Dx12 compatible drivers came out only few month ago. GPU was advertised as "Dx12 Ready" even before drivers for it were compatible.
    To use Dx12 few conditions should be met.
    GPU has to be at least DX12 ready and that does not mean full compatibility.
    Drivers have to be compatible.
    Software/games have to be compatible with Dx12 to make use of it. Newer games may be compatible with eventual patches for older ones.
    Windows 10, older versions of windows are not planned to get Dx12.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  7. vsrawat Win User
    no, it is a fresh install on a formatted partition on a second hdd. w7 and 28 are still existing and working on the previous hdd.

same here. I also am not in to games.

I use ChrisTV to watch TV on my pc using a TV Tuner. ChrisTV shows lines and haziness that distracts, so taking recomendation of christv site, I download WMEncoder_64bit_v9 , on running that is giving the error that "it requires directx media 8.1, so can't run." (even when my dx is 9E it doesn't recognize that, probably it needs clearcut 9.0 written there), so I tried to upgrade dx just to be able to run WMencoder.

Thanks.

vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

I use ChrisTV v5.01, the last one that works just fine in any environment. Right now using it to monitor two security cameras thru USB adapters.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  9. vsrawat Win User
    I am using free version, Light, which deactivates many options of pro version.

vsrawat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex - Similar Threads - Installed w10 got

2. Clean installed w10.Now msiafterburner giving me "Required DirectX runtimes not installed"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean installed w10.Now msiafterburner giving me "Required DirectX runtimes not installed": [ATTACH] What I have Clean installed my OS today and suddenly when trying to launch MSI afterburner I get this issue. Wierdly enough trying to find a fix I noticed a couple of comments on this video that are as recent as today having the very same issue...
  3. DirectX Install Fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Install Fails: I have tried everything recommended as well as anything else I could possibly find on the internet to install DirectX and continue to have it fail time and time again. I’ve tried each of these several times some of them dozens of times: - Normal installs as well as...
  4. Re install got stick at 88% W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Re install got stick at 88% W10: Hi, install got stuck at 88% for the past12 hours, I did this process because after starting the computer nothing would work and would freeze. What can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-got-stick-at-88-w10/cd8486c1-e409-4063-b716-2dfd6a547a5c
  5. DirectX installation failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX installation failed: I can't install direct x Jun2010. It shows "an internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine problem". im trying to play gta V but it says its missing a DLL thats a part of directx. hence why im here. when i...
  6. Error installing DirectX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing DirectX: When i try to install DirectX, error appear, i check DXerror file and it show: [03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API: CreateProcess() Error: (Error 193) %1 is not a valid Win32...
  7. DirectX installation problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX installation problems: I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  8. Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly: Hi there I see a load of posts about people running W10 as a VM -- I'm curious to know if it's running OK, whether they can install VMware tools (or vbox additions if they are using vbox) and what version of VMware / vbox are they using. I can't get VMware tools to...
  9. W10 / DirectX 12 / 3d support

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 / DirectX 12 / 3d support: Hi there When I run dxdiag via run on W10 (build 9926) (in a VM or as native) It shows 3d support and direct3d acceleration IS enabled even though VMware message says 3d support not available on the Host. W10 comes with DirectX 12 but I don't think it does anything yet....
  10. Got my W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Got my W10: Well, finally got W10Pro installed and activated. Has anyone else noticed you can't keep any open window centered on the desktop? It's full screen or put up with the windows all over the desktop when opening and reopening. The 1st window is centered and after 2 or 3 times...