Windows 10: Installed Win 10, still boots in Win 8.1

Discus and support Installed Win 10, still boots in Win 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to install Win 10 on my HP 7000 laptop with 6GB memory, and gobs of disk space. At first, I got the C1900107 error. After an internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Photophil, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Photophil Win User

Installed Win 10, still boots in Win 8.1

I attempted to install Win 10 on my HP 7000 laptop with 6GB memory, and gobs of disk space. At first, I got the C1900107 error. After an internet search, I renamed (effectively removing) the .-BT directory. I started the download again. That went fine. Then it did the "configuring files," which seemed to take forever. I walked away for a moment and when I returned, the window was displaying a message to restart the computer. No error messages were displayed. I restarted the computer, in which it installed several updates. But when it came back up, it was still under Win 8.1. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer as to how to get the computer to come up in Win 10 after an apparently successful install.

:)

Photophil, Jan 3, 2016
  2. CliveBiss Win User

Win 10 upgrade on a Win 7 and Win 8.1 multi boot system

I have a system that multi boots into win 7 or win 8.1. Why ? Well win 7 is 32 bit and win 8.1 is 64 bit and I was going to slowly set up the 8.1 system to mirror the programs on the 32 bit Win 7 install as there is no automatic 32 to 64 bit migration path.
    Both have genuine Win 7 and Win 8.1 licences. I delayed the 8.1 upgrade as Win 10 was coming.

Can I upgrade the Win 8.1 install to win 10 and keep the multi boot options as Win 7 and Win 10 or will the win 10 upgrade kill the current multi boot configuration.

Any advice appreciated

CliveBiss, Jan 3, 2016
  3. BorkJutsu Win User
    Two corrupt versions of win 10

Hi! I installed win 10 on a new ssd, but I kept my old system (win 8.1) on my old ssd. The computer booted fine, but right into win 10, with no alternative to start the old system. I could still access it by using bios to select my
    old ssd to boot win 8.1.

I got the tip to use easyBCD to set up a dual boot. I did that. Everything worked fine. I started using win 10 a bit to get used to it. Only installed drivers, office, chrome and antivirus. I made it go automatically into win 8.1 if
    I did nothing in 5 seconds, and that worked fine multiple times too.

Today I started up the computer and nothing booted. Win 10 gets an "inaccessible boot device" and win 8.1 won't start at all even if I disconnect the new ssd.

I am at a loss, and I havn't even tried more than restarting with no devices attatched but a keybord and a mouse. How do I approach this?

BorkJutsu, Jan 3, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

It looks as if Win 10 install wasn't successful and rolled back to Win 8.1 The fact that you were asked to restart the machine is a pointer to that.

No idea what caused it, short of digging in the setup logs it's anyone's guess.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Installed Win 10, still boots in Win 8.1 - Similar Threads - Installed still boots

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  4. Win 10 Installer will not boot

Win 10 Installer will not boot: Hello All, So im attempting to replace an M.2 SSD card where the OS is currently housed and do a complete clean install of the OS onto the new M.2 card. I have followed the instructions to the T on creating the boot media of the Media Creation Tool for both a USB drive and...
  5. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10: hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems? ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che...
  6. info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10: ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che ho installato windows 10 e non vedo pi all' avvio win 7 e win 8 nonostante riesca ad accedere dal disco locale c alle varie cartelle e file, come posso tornare ad accedere ai sistemi precedenti? 164282
  7. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  8. Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?: Referring to the issue solved by this hotfix : https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2908279/mouse-pointer-stutters-or-freezes-when-you-play-certain-games-in-windo I upgraded from a win 7 laptop to a win 10 laptop and noticed that the ingame camera would suddenly jerk to...
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8

Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8: A little early but this is what I am looking at. [img] I plan to just remove Win 7 (C) and install Win 9 Preview in its place as (C) At present Win 8 is on a Logical drive (W) but have thought about deleting Win 7 and converting Win 8 (W) to a primary partition and...