Windows 10: Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static

Discus and support Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone. I'm at wit's end trying to solve this one. I've been running Windows 7 for the last, what, seven years? I finally decided to make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seandonnery, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static

Hey everyone. I'm at wit's end trying to solve this one.

I've been running Windows 7 for the last, what, seven years? I finally decided to make the jump to Windows 10 because I've really enjoyed it on other computers, and almost everything went swimmingly -- except for my microphone.

I have an ASRock Extreme6 X79 motherboard, and I'm only using onboard audio. Both my front audio-out and rear audio-out work perfectly, but neither microphone works. Both are extremely static-y when plugged in (I can tell by 'listening to this device' in my recording devices). However, if I set the Microphone to play through my playback device in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it is crystal clear. This problem happens with multiple mics, which leads me to believe that it's a driver-related issue. I've tried the most recent drivers (current as of April 12), and I've tried the same drivers a friend of mine is running with the same headset from last June (his works fine, mine obviously does not).

I'm willing to try anything short of buying a sound card. Do I need to revert to Windows 7 or 8? I would hate to do it, but having a functional 2.5mm microphone is an absolute must. Thank you so much in advance to anyone willing to help out.

:)

seandonnery, Apr 21, 2016
  2. Rick4892 Win User

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Apr 21, 2016
  3. WIndows 10 USB Microphone Crackle

Hey guys.

I have three devices using Realtek HD Audio.

I am using this Microphone.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-

I've used it to produce awesome videos in Windows 10.

Recently, the microphone has been causing static when I speak into it.

I'm not sure at what point the USB microphone starting crackling... Maybe during the November update?

In any event...

I have two Windows 10 64 bit laptops (HP, and Gateway), and there is static when I speak into them. The static isn't 100%, just enough to be totally annoying... And it seems like it's random.

Fascinatingly, the snowball works on my windows 10 desktop (64 bit) fine without any static. (The desktop is Windows 10 Professional, the two laptops are Windows 10 Home. I wonder if that's the deal breaker? Who knows). I am curious, have you had trouble
    getting the Blue Snowball to work on Windows 10 laptops these days? Or windows 10 home?

Have you had any feedback from your end users about this?

I've been troubleshooting for quite some time, and am going insane!

Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static :D

Thanks for any feedback...

lameduck123, Apr 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static

Hi, you could try turning off audio enhancements in the Microphone Properties, Enhancements tab.
    Also in the Advanced tab, try changing the sample rate & bit depth.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2016
  5. I did try that as well. I don't have "audio enhancements", but I've tried disabling sound effects. I've also played with the sampling rate to no avail. Thanks for the response.

seandonnery, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static

1. Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static - Similar Threads - Installed microphone almost

2. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  3. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  4. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  6. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  7. USB Microphone Distortion/Static

USB Microphone Distortion/Static: Lots of distortion and static coming from my usb condenser mic. It seems I've updated all necessary drivers and it still occurs. Any settings I should adjust? Thank you....
  8. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone static after update: hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and...
  9. Windows 10 Microphone Playing Only static.

Windows 10 Microphone Playing Only static.: Hello All.For the past two weeks i have tried, but failed, to fix a static noise issue i have been having with my mic. Issue: Constant static noise coming through mic when I listen to it. I Have Tried: Ensuring that my microphone was enabledTurning all of the enhancements for...
  10. Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update

Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update: I have been using the built in microsoft on my laptop and after doing the most recent windows update it has stopped working. The apps that I use still have permission to my microphone but i am told that the output from my end only sounds like static. I have an old Dell...