Windows 10: installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update

Discus and support installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently wanted to swap 2 hard disks to larger ones, ssd, with operating system, to a larger one, and a regular hdd to a larger one as well. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tapuz, Aug 9, 2017.

1. tapuz Win User

installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update

I recently wanted to swap 2 hard disks to larger ones, ssd, with operating system, to a larger one, and a regular hdd to a larger one as well.
    I disconnected all other hard drives, not to run into any surprises, and installed windows 10 on the new ssd, all went great, installed other software. Restarted the computer, everything worked great. And super-fast.
    I connected my hard disks, copied over from the old hd to the new, and left only the new ones connected, restarted the computer, and here is where I ran into a problem
    The computer would start for a split second, fans would light up, start for a split second, and boom, everything would shut down.
    I googled, and what I found was, check the memory, clean the box physically, reconnect all cables, change etc… for almost 2 hours, I was going through steps and steps to no avail.
    I found sites that said the motherboard went, power supply, I already gave up.
    For some odd reason, I said to myself, let's try connecting the original ssd and see what happens, and Walla, it started up, as it had for the past 2 years.
    I swapped back the new ssd, and same problem, wouldn’t startup, I put in the new hdd, and even though it didn’t startup, I did get to the boot options.
    I put back the original ssd, and the new hdd, and it loaded up.
    I connected the new ssd, as an external, and was able to see everything there, proving the new ssd was okay.
    It seems, something happened when I was updating windows ten, and it might have put some of the booting files on the hdd, I cannot explain it.

At the moment I have a new ssd on the shelf, and the new hdd, are connected running great.

I figured I will post here just in case somebody runs into the same problem, and before they go out buying a new computer …..
    Posted here, since you guys really helped me in the past.
    Thanks

:)

tapuz, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Truck-AU Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update crashes SSD boot disk

Hi,

I have Win10 installed on an UEFI boot
    Samsung EVO 840 SSD and installed the Win10 Creators Update and when I returned to the PC after leaving it to complete the update it was at the logon screen and unresponsive. I reset the PC after making sure there appeared to be no activity
    (HDD light, etc.) and it came up with a "please insert boot disk" error. I then went into BIOS and the SSD was not in the detected drive list. So I opened the PC and disconnected/reconnected the SSD and rebooted successfully. After logging into windows the
    system froze after about 5-10 minutes. So again I rebooted and got the "insert boot disk error". I repeated this a few times after swapping SATA & power cables and motherboard ports for the connected drives and still got the freezing issues after 5-10 minutes
    followed by the SSD disappearing in the BIOS.

I was quite confused and annoyed that somehow just after the update my SSD had crashed (as this was the only thing that had changed). I have now uninstalled the creators update and the PC has now been running for several hours with no issues. Has anyone
    else experienced this problem with an SSD boot drive setup and is there another solution to the problem so that I can continue to receive updates? I would also be interested to learn how an OS update can cause the BIOS to fail to detect the drive until I open
    the PC case and fiddle with the SATA cables?

Cheers.

Truck-AU, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - How To Avoid Slow Installation

UPDATE 2

Cloning did not work, the best result I achieved had my display flickering very rapidly once I tried to logon. (The windows 10 screen was stable). I spoke today, 7th September, to Kingston support. They are aware of the problem and are currently investigating.
    The suggested work-around is either to:

Use another SSD , clone it and then clone the Predator (I am not sure as I lost interest after "use another SSD ");

Do a clean install with the full Microsoft Windows 10 media set (not the upgrade download), ie. buy Windows 10.

I will wait until Kingston sort it out.

PeterMuirhead, Aug 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2017
  5. tapuz Win User
    installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update [​IMG]

thanks for your help
    the last one is the new ssd, the hdd 6 gb is the new hdd,

tapuz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. installed windows on ssd and would not logon after update - Similar Threads - installed ssd logon

2. Wifi Would not Turn on after installing new windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Would not Turn on after installing new windows 11 update: Please help, I need this laptp for university work My wifi is not even showing as an option. In my device manager, this is how it looks image attached. When I go on "Get Help" in my network settings, it suggests to "Turn on Wifi" but after clicking on it it loads and does...
  3. Wifi Would not Turn on after installing new windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Would not Turn on after installing new windows 11 update: Please help, I need this laptp for university work My wifi is not even showing as an option. In my device manager, this is how it looks image attached. When I go on "Get Help" in my network settings, it suggests to "Turn on Wifi" but after clicking on it it loads and does...
  4. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  5. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  6. Windows not update after format and installed ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not update after format and installed ssd: Firstly i installed ssd and install windows 10 in ssd and after that format hdd but problem is when i update the windows it's show error. I have attached screenshot below....
  7. Windows update does not work after installing SSD

Windows update does not work after installing SSD: Hello. I recently replaced my old hard drive with a SATA SSD in my PC. But ever since, all windows updates fail. When I start up my computer, I get an error message saying "We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." It then boots into...
  8. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows changes logon password to computer after update: On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks...
  9. Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10: I just updated Windows 10 on one of my Dell desktops. After the reboot I got the following message: The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User Profile could not be loaded. How do I fix this? I tried using both my pin and password and both failed Marc Marcuzzi...
  10. Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD: Hello All I'm new here, and hope I don't embarrass myself asking this question... I live in the United Kingdom. I have an HP G6-2244sa laptop with an AMD E2-1800 processor 1.7GHz with 8GB RAM. The laptop originally ran Windows 8 but was updated to Windows 10 Home...