Windows 10: Installer issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Installer issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Guys, Looking for some help please. I use a program called patchmypc which updates all your out of date software/programs but for the past couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rosco39, Oct 11, 2015.

1. rosco39 Win User

Installer issues on Windows 10

Guys,

Looking for some help please. I use a program called patchmypc which updates all your out of date software/programs but for the past couple of months. It keeps saying that there is already another installation running and I need to wait until the current installation finishes...I have no other installation running at all. I have even tried manually downloading the program e.g itunes, AVG and still the same outcome. Can someone point me in the right direct please?

Cheers

:)

rosco39, Oct 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Markus_R_ Win User
    Windows 10 installer issues

Hello!

I have a small problem with installing Windows 10. I had previously installed Windows 10 32 bit but I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64 bit. After that I was about to upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit but then it said that "There are no supported networking
    devices" as you can see below.
    Installer issues on Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have same networking device as before but now I can not install Windows 10. I have tried reinstalling drivers, deleting and installing again, updating, none of those has worked. My network device:

TL-WN722N_V1

I had no installing problems with Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 10 32 bit.

Although I was suggested to do manual installation and results are here:

It does not make sense at all. Also I found this:

It says that my adapter isn't capable but it worked before. Im really confused. Please help!

I will be waiting for answer!

Markus_R_, Oct 11, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi rosco39 and welcome to Tenforums,
    I suggest you contact them directly with your issue. I know they released a version on July 28th for W10, but maybe they haven't ironed out all the bugs yet...or maybe they are aware of this and have a simple fix for you. If so, please come back here and let us know.
    Thanks.

simrick, Oct 11, 2015
  5. rosco39 Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don't believe its an issue with patchmypc. As I said I have also tried downloading the programs manually and installing them manually. At the moment I am trying to upgrade Itunes and AVG but everytime it fails and says I have an installation already in progress. Its driving me crazy.

rosco39, Oct 12, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay, let's see if you have some system file corruption and/or FPRs which need fixing.

- Please completely uninstall the programs which are acting up.
    - Turn off Fast Startup
    - Shutdown the computer using the start button. Turn the computer back on (do not "restart").
    - Run sfc /scannow to check for system file integrity violations. (option #3)

If you get a message that some files could not be fixed, reboot the machine and run it again. Run it at least three times, with reboots in-between. We're looking for "no integrity violations found". If, after three runs, you still have problems, please follow Option #5 and zip the resulting text file and upload it here, and we'll have a look at it for you.

Let us know how it goes and we'll provide next steps.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installer issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installer issues

2. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  3. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  4. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  6. IDT driver installation issue

IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  7. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues: Hello,I have recently tried to install windows on my Acer aspire laptop. The issue is, when I get to the screen which says “Choose which drive you would like windows to install on”, it lists 3 partitions. If I click on the one I want to use the biggest one it says windows...
  9. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues: Hello,I have recently tried to install windows on my Acer aspire laptop. The issue is, when I get to the screen which says “Choose which drive you would like windows to install on”, it lists 3 partitions. If I click on the one I want to use the biggest one it says windows...
  10. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade