Windows 10: Installing a Different Edition of Windows

Discus and support Installing a Different Edition of Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys. My very first thread feels like a very stupid one though. Can I upgrade install Windows 10 Home Version 1511 to a Windows 10 Pro Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krimstix, May 25, 2016.

1. Krimstix Win User

Installing a Different Edition of Windows

Hello guys. My very first thread feels like a very stupid one though. Can I upgrade install Windows 10 Home Version 1511 to a Windows 10 Pro Version 1507? I just don't want to clean install my Windows since I have some programs that I need to re-install again (if you have any idea to backup all applications and install it after a clean install I would be truly grateful).

Reason: I used ShowKeyPlus and it says that my OEM Key is for "Win 8.1 RTM CoreConnectedSingleLanguage OEM*BiggrinM". I just don't want to have any issues in the future. Thanks*Smile

:)

Krimstix, May 25, 2016

2. After installing Rise of Nations: Extended Edition from the MS Store, the game won't run

Hi Riley,

There are several reasons why your game will show an error message and
    it will freeze after 4-5 minutes, it may be due to corrupted game data or your system needs to be updated.
    Here are 2 solutions that can help resolve your concern:

Solution 1. Perform a clean boot to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to perform a clean boot.

Solution 2. Reset the game from the Settings menu. This process can help restore corrupted game installation files.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.

2. Select System, and then select Apps & features.

3. Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.

4. Click Reset.

5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, May 25, 2016
  3. After installing Rise of Nations: Extended Edition from the MS Store, the game won't run

Hi,

I just bought and installed Rise of Nations: Extended Edition from the Microsoft Store but it won't run at all.

I first get an error saying it can't read a font .xml file, however the game will still run after clicking okay. After about 4-5 minutes, another box comes up with nothing in it, and the game freezes up.

Can you please either help get the game fixed (ideal) or refund my money?

I'm on a Surface Laptop running Windows 10 Pro and the latest updates.

Thanks,

Riley

rbs041092234, May 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Your free upgrade would be to Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2016
  5. Krimstix Win User
    Yeah. It would have been if the installed edition was Windows 8.1 Single Language. However, as I stated, it already has Windows 10 Pro Version 1507. Would it be okay to upgrade install Windows 10 Home Version 1511.

Krimstix, May 25, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    You cannot go backwards. Is your version of pro unactivated?

cereberus, May 25, 2016
  7. Krimstix Win User
    Umm, I think not. I guess the OS installed here is an illegal software, especially since the installed key is different than the OEM key. And the OEM key is for Windows 8.1 Home.

Krimstix, May 25, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

In a Command Prompt (Admin) {right click start icon to get to it} run the command :

slmgr /dlv

Post the results here and we can tell you the status of your current activation.

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2016
  9. Krimstix Win User
    Installing a Different Edition of Windows [​IMG]

Krimstix, May 25, 2016
  10. KMS activated, almost certainly a pirated copy. Or a corporate PC that somebody forgot to erase before reselling. Either way the KMS activation is more than likely going to time out at some point and it will show up as not activated. You can't go Pro to Home without reinstalling. Not normally. Have a look at this though, https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...nstalling.html You would have to go back to Home Single Language to be legal again.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    More than likely illegal activation.

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2016
  12. Krimstix Win User
    Thanks. Let me try that.

And here is my screenshot of ShowKeyPlus.

So installing the Windows 10 Home would install the OEM Key then?

Krimstix, May 25, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

OP - Even downgrading will not probably activate as SL keys do not activate normal installs, only SL versions.

cereberus, May 25, 2016
  14. *Ditto That's why I added "You would have to go back to Home Single Language to be legal again." to the end of my post. I didn't read that whole thread I linked too. If it only lets you go back to 10 Home, you'll be un activated. Your embedded key is only good for 10 Home Single Language . 10 Home will not accept SL keys and vice versa.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  15. Krimstix Win User
    My installer IS Windows 10 Home SL. Also, this pops out on the setup.

I searched Google for Keys for 10 Home SL. I tried one and it lets me proceed. If I use that Key will the installed Version use that Key or the OEM Key?

Krimstix, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Installing a Different Edition of Windows - Similar Threads - Installing Different Edition

2. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions: Hello,I'm looking to determine what is difference between Consumer and Business edition of the Windows 10 22H2 ISO on the Visual Studio Subscription downloads and keys page: I did not find the answer from a Micrsoft source any Microsoft page or third-party site. Don't send me...
  3. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions: Hello,I'm looking to determine what is difference between Consumer and Business edition of the Windows 10 22H2 ISO on the Visual Studio Subscription downloads and keys page: I did not find the answer from a Micrsoft source any Microsoft page or third-party site. Don't send me...
  4. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!: Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-difference-in-performance-between/309d928f-8bb0-4d57-8851-f12d69543bbf
  6. Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!: Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-difference-in-performance-between/309d928f-8bb0-4d57-8851-f12d69543bbf
  7. Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?: I deleted paint and paint 3d. I use paint.net (and very occasionally gimp). Is there a way so that if I click 3d edit it opens the photo in paint.net? Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  8. Installing different Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing different Windows 10 edition: I have Windows 10 Pro N installed on my computer, i have not activated it because i don't have a licence key and i want to install either the Home or Pro edition, but when i'm trying to reinstall with the Media Creation Tool it just wants to install the Pro N version again....
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on different devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on different devices: I downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my desktop and I am now trying to download it on a laptop. I've read that I need to just sign into the same Microsoft account on the store and it will automatically re-install, but it's just telling me to buy it again even though...
  10. Can I install windows with the same edition but difference language ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows with the same edition but difference language ?: *Smile As the topic said above,Can I install windows 10 with the same edition but difference language ? 11632