Windows 10: Installing an old game via CD.

Discus and support Installing an old game via CD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalleyedArc6325, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Installing an old game via CD.

I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find Compatibility Mode for the CD Drive via File Explorer. Does anyone know a workaround?

P.S. The game cannot be digitally downloaded.

Thanks, Walleyed.

:)

WalleyedArc6325, Jul 28, 2018

2. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Installing an old game via CD.

Trying to install an old game from cd on Windows 10.

Hi Miller,

The installation may not be proceeding because of some conflicts the program encounters in Windows 10. For us to help you better, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you install the program in Windows 10?
    • What suggestions have you looked into and tested?

We suggest installing the game patches in compatibility mode to allow it to run in Windows 10. You may also need to alter some settings for the game to work well in your current operating system.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Installing an old game via CD.

1. Installing an old game via CD. - Similar Threads - Installing old game

2. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  3. Games via Facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games via Facebook: Are you one of these people who play games via facebook. I would suggest - don't. FB are leeching your personal details and infest your friends with invitations to come and play *******. If you do continue to play these games, please untick the box somewhere that says invite...
  4. Installing old Scrabble game on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing old Scrabble game on Windows 10: I have the CD for Scrabble Complete by Cosmi Corp. Had it for years...installed on my Windows 7...tho I had to have the disc in to play the game. would not play on Windows 10..so I tried to reinstall it completely but would not work. Any suggestions, or can I download a...
  5. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  6. Old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games: Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/00382d49-5757-4d49-987b-b02876ff4960
  7. Installing CD software

Installing CD software: I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and would like to install my old Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 software. but I keep getting a Error message that won't let me install. How can I install?...
  8. Play an old Game

Play an old Game: Cheers guys, I'm trying to play Unreal Tournament in my new release of Windows 10, but I can't. The This is my old favorite window xp game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-an-old-game/7fe6ad08-9df3-46d4-afb6-21984837f2d6
  9. How to Run an Old CD on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Run an Old CD on windows 10: Ok, so i have this disc for Civilization II, and i tried to play it on my windows 10 laptop, but the only thing that ran were the audio files. I'm not the best with computers, and don't know how to fix it, any suggestions?...
  10. Old game needs a boost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game needs a boost?: So I'm playing International Cricket Captain 2006 (partly for nostalgia's sake) on my Win10 installation, and it's running very very slow - mouse clicks take multiple seconds to register, for example. In the past had the same issue with both iterations of StarCraft, and I've...