Windows 10: Installing an old game via CD.

Discus and support Installing an old game via CD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalleyedArc6325, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Installing an old game via CD.

I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find Compatibility Mode for the CD Drive via File Explorer. Does anyone know a workaround?

P.S. The game cannot be digitally downloaded.

Thanks, Walleyed.

:)

WalleyedArc6325, Jul 28, 2018

2. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Installing an old game via CD.

Trying to install an old game from cd on Windows 10.

Hi Miller,

The installation may not be proceeding because of some conflicts the program encounters in Windows 10. For us to help you better, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you install the program in Windows 10?
    • What suggestions have you looked into and tested?

We suggest installing the game patches in compatibility mode to allow it to run in Windows 10. You may also need to alter some settings for the game to work well in your current operating system.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Installing an old game via CD.

1. Installing an old game via CD. - Similar Threads - Installing old game

2. Old game installs but will not launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game installs but will not launch?: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I have an old game that I installed with a external disk drive, Aoe3. When I first installed it it installed perfectly fine and the game launched. In the meantime I ordered the expansions. Before they arrived my...
  3. Old game installs but will not launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old game installs but will not launch?: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I have an old game that I installed with a external disk drive, Aoe3. When I first installed it it installed perfectly fine and the game launched. In the meantime I ordered the expansions. Before they arrived my...
  4. Installed an old game via disc, and now my title bars are huge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed an old game via disc, and now my title bars are huge: See the "Task Manager" text.My guess is that the game applied a theme from the Windows 98 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-an-old-game-via-disc-and-now-my-title/8ef80293-4137-412f-97ab-c9b864576dba
  5. Installed an old game via disc, and now my title bars are huge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed an old game via disc, and now my title bars are huge: See the "Task Manager" text.My guess is that the game applied a theme from the Windows 98 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-an-old-game-via-disc-and-now-my-title/8ef80293-4137-412f-97ab-c9b864576dba
  6. Install old PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install old PC games: Hi there, I just wanna to install old PC games on Win10 OS. But CD plater does not run, setting was display CD icon and drivers were going well. CD player light on and run but no signal few seconds turn off and eject. Start doesn't work, setup too. I tried on property and...
  7. Can't install a game via store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install a game via store: Can't install a game via store - trying sea of thieves https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-a-game-via-store/f1b4202c-0b24-4213-b498-4a7bb564bbc2
  8. installing an old game CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing an old game CD: I have an older game CD that I would like to install on my computer that has windows 10. I insert the disk and click install when the options screen comes up but it will not install?? Any help is appreciated. It works fine on other computers....
  9. External CD Drive and Old Games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External CD Drive and Old Games: Hey everyone, I've been trying to find a fix for my issues for several weeks now, but unfortunately haven't found something that fits my specific issue. It honestly might even just be game specific tbh which makes it even harder. But anyways, I recently had nostalgia to play...
  10. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive: I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) because I have a Blu-ray/DVD drive but my wife's PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) doesn't. We need to install...