Windows 10: Installing Apps from SD card

Discus and support Installing Apps from SD card in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running W10 on my desktop, and will shortly be getting a new laptop, a HP Envy 13. I have a fair amount of software that came on CD/DVD, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris43, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Chris43 Win User

Installing Apps from SD card

I'm running W10 on my desktop, and will shortly be getting a new laptop, a HP Envy 13. I have a fair amount of software that came on CD/DVD, and obviously I could get an external DVD RW for not much money and install MS Office 2010, Lightroom 5 etc. from the DVD media.

But I wondered about trying to copy the DVDs to a SDHC card and then use this, either directly executing the startup file, or copying the SDHC contents to a separate directory on the new machine, and execute from there.

I'd welcome advice on which would be the best way on this. If it has to be an external DVD reader, so be it, but it would be just another bit of kit to have around.

:)

Chris43, Apr 3, 2016
  2. RavishS Win User

SD CARD error & installing apps from SD card

getting error with SD CARD thought can view media files
    also installing apps from SD card takes too long... endless
    I cannot edit office files when i access them via pc

RavishS, Apr 3, 2016
  3. SD CARD error & installing apps from SD card

Hello Ravish S,

Thank you for your contribution to the Forum.

Did you format the sd card ? Did you do so on your computer and did you try a different sd card ?

Here might be useful link

Format SD card in Windows Phone 7

I would appreciate a reply

Kind regards

Alexander Pz

Alexander Pz, Apr 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can usually copy the DVD to an SD card, USB Flash Drive, or network storage location and run setup from there with no problems.

NavyLCDR, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Chris43 Win User
    That's great. The USB Flash drive is probably the way to go.
    Many thanks indeed.

Chris43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Apps from SD card - Similar Threads - Installing Apps card

2. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  3. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  4. Can't install windows 10 from sd card

Can't install windows 10 from sd card: When i try to install windows from sd card at the pc needs a restart after it puts pe to install windows again,but when i boot the ssd where i installed windows it says no system operation found...
  5. Can't install windows 10 from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10 from sd card: When i try to install windows from sd card at the pc needs a restart after it puts pe to install windows again,but when i boot the ssd where i installed windows it says no system operation found...
  6. Can't install windows 10 from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Directly installing apps from setup files to Sd Card

Directly installing apps from setup files to Sd Card: Hi,I want to know if there's a way to have downloaded setup files install to my sd card instead of Program Files, in C: Drive. My storage is only 5gb, and my Sd has 256gb, so I want to use it to store apps. I enabled the "download apps to Drive 'D'" option in settings, but...
  8. App / Program to unformat an SD Card ?

App / Program to unformat an SD Card ?: Can anyone recommend a decent app / program that'll un-format an SD card? At least one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I accidently formatted the wrong SD card. Advice appreciated. Win10 V1909 164885
  9. Install windows apps on SD card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install windows apps on SD card: Is there a way to install apps from the Microsoft store on an SD card? My son has this HP stream laptop with only 32gb storage that he received for his birthday. He would like to install more apps so I suggested a 128gb SD card to expand the storage. submitted by...
  10. Using an SD card to install?

Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...