Windows 10: installing aprogram with basic profile

Discus and support installing aprogram with basic profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My grandson has a basic profile, his dad has an admin profile. My GS can't install programs, is there a way his dad to give this authorisation, as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 26, 2016.

1. installing aprogram with basic profile

My grandson has a basic profile, his dad has an admin profile.

My GS can't install programs, is there a way his dad to give this authorisation, as he is happy to allow this...

or or is there a way my GS can do this on his own

many thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 26, 2016

2. How can I get Windows 10 notification and icon to go away

Go to Control Panel under "Programs" (like you're going to uninstall aprogram).

Click Installed Updates on the left, and uninstall the KB3035583 update, which removes the update icon.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 26, 2016
  3. jimmchk Win User
    invalid application

phone model nokia 6280

when i am trying to download aprogram wayfinder gps it shows invalid application

jimmchk, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

installing aprogram with basic profile

The purpose of the different types of accounts is to help protect the users and the computer. If a youngster/user is sufficiently responsible he/she could be elevated to a User with administrative rights. The main issue with using someone else's password to perform actions is the administrator my need to change that password afterward, or maybe just do the install for the Standard user. A lot of what could/should be done depends upon the use and need of the computer, if for business uses more control is needed.

Berton, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Hello
    its just my GS's dad is very protective, he is more than happy to,let his son install programs, just wanted to know if he could change a setting in his sons profile to allow this.

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jun 26, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Only an admin level account can install programs or make settings that will effect other users. Any user account can be easy elevated to an admin account in user accounts settings with only a few mouse clicks. But be aware that all admin level accounts are equal with the exact same rights and this cannot be changed.

Edit: Of course only an admin level account can make such a change. The change is just as easy to reverse.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

installing aprogram with basic profile

1. installing aprogram with basic profile - Similar Threads - installing aprogram basic

2. Basic typing won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic typing won't install: So I was installing a language and only the language pack got installed and not the basic typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-typing-wont-install/9d167793-a3a2-403f-8002-470726e5470c
  3. Basic typing won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic typing won't install: So I was installing a language and only the language pack got installed and not the basic typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-typing-wont-install/9d167793-a3a2-403f-8002-470726e5470c
  4. Cannot delete or edit Basic Info under my profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or edit Basic Info under my profile: Hi, for some reason I cannot edit or delete one of my Basic Info entries, which has incorrect information. Does anyone know how I can delete or edit? I have been successful in deleting all of the entries except the one that's incorrect, so I understand how to do it, and it...
  5. Cannot delete or edit Basic Info under my profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete or edit Basic Info under my profile: Hi, for some reason I cannot edit or delete one of my Basic Info entries, which has incorrect information. Does anyone know how I can delete or edit? I have been successful in deleting all of the entries except the one that's incorrect, so I understand how to do it, and it...
  6. Cannot delete or edit Basic Info under my profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft-Visual Basic 6.0 installment issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft-Visual Basic 6.0 installment issues: I have tried to download Visual basic 6.0 from microsoft but then it deleted itself. I tried to download it again but it is saying that I do not have the neccesary programs to have Visual basic. How am I supposed to fix this?...
  8. Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I have Intel display driver. I recently clean install windows 10. After that, default display driver is set to windows Microsoft basic display driver. So, I checked my Intel display driver in windows update and downloaded it and installed it. After,...
  9. Windows not installing basic typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not installing basic typing: Hi, I have a problem with OneNote not proofing languages other than English. I was redirected to this forum after trying different solutions. You can see the discussion here:...
  10. Basic Installation Questions--First Post

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Basic Installation Questions--First Post: Just downloaded 10130 (x86) .iso and have a couple of questions. I burned it to a DVD (using ImgBurn—which deleted the file when the burn was completed. Just a suggestion to make a copy before burning.) I will be doing a clean install on an unused XP computer into which I...