Windows 10: installing games - alternative ways?

Discus and support installing games - alternative ways? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello, I have 1tb hard disk drive that is currently on 98% almost full and I there are more games that I still want to install *Sad problem is Im too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pooch22, Jun 28, 2017.

1. pooch22 Win User

installing games - alternative ways?

hello, I have 1tb hard disk drive that is currently on 98% almost full and I there are more games that I still want to install *Sad problem is Im too broke to buy new HDD, I wanna know if theres an alternative way to install my games?

for example:

A - i want to install them to CD/DVD but then again CD's storage is limited, lets say i wanna install Batman Arkham Knight which is 51.9gb, will the CD can do that? (almost like ps/xbox idea where u will just put the cd of the game you want to play)

B - buying a 8gb flash driver, then install a single game put a label on the flash drive so whenever I want to play on that particular game ill just have to plug it and play, question is, is this even possible?

C - buying a 32-64gb flash drive then do the same as plan B.

:)

pooch22, Jun 28, 2017
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Jsssssssss, Jun 28, 2017
  4. installing games - alternative ways?

If you want to install new games then you'll need more space, simple as that. They have to go somewhere, you can't just install them into thin air and expect things to work. I would go through every file and folder on your drive, start deleting anything you don't need. Also, consider enabling NTFS compression, which will save a small amount of space.

As for installing to disc, no won't work. A CD has a max size of like 800MB and a DVD's max size is 4.7GB. Not sure about BluRay. The only way to "install" anything to disc is by burning.

You can install to a flash drive but it may reduce speed depending on the game. Don't expect a newer game to run well from a flash drive, old ones should be OK. Try using a USB 3.0 external hard drive or flash drive for best speed.

AnonVendetta, Jun 28, 2017
  5. pooch22 Win User
    Thanks for that info, well I guess ill try that "B" *Smile

pooch22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

installing games - alternative ways?

1. installing games - alternative ways? - Similar Threads - installing games alternative

2. Alternative ways to install rust-lang

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alternative ways to install rust-lang: I want to learn a new coding language Rust, but when I do all the steps it takes 17gb of my computer space with the build tools, windows sdk, msvc compiler, and addons. I have tried researching for a faster and more lightweight linker I can use instead and I found lld. How...
  3. Alternative ways to install rust-lang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative ways to install rust-lang: I want to learn a new coding language Rust, but when I do all the steps it takes 17gb of my computer space with the build tools, windows sdk, msvc compiler, and addons. I have tried researching for a faster and more lightweight linker I can use instead and I found lld. How...
  4. Alternative ways to install rust-lang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there an alternate way to install RSAT tools?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an alternate way to install RSAT tools?: Here is the situation we have devices on 20h2 that need AD tools. Microsoft no longer offers a package for installing said tools. You have to do the add a feature thing or use dism to do it from the command line. The problem is the devices point to a misconfigured WSUS server...
  6. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  7. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  8. Alternative way to log on as another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Alternative way to log on as another user: I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it. It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome...
  9. Alternative way to boot to CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative way to boot to CD?: My Asus mobo has very unresponsive firmware. It takes next to forever for the first menu to appear, and what's more, it periodically forgets its settings and reverts to default. So, this morning my Windows boot got borked, and I wanted to run a live CD in order to fix it or...
  10. Alternative way to launch Task View ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to launch Task View ?: Hello everyone! I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible. I was wondering if there is any alternative way...